PDA

View Full Version : 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Pages : [1] 2

6066gmcguy
January 23rd, 2013, 02:46 AM
This is not really a build but a Journal for my 1965 GMC 3500 with Black Built Bodies Rescue Squad.

This truck was on ebay back in about 2002, I really wanted it but could not come up with the money to get it at the time.

Here are the 3 photos they posted on eBay back in 2002.

<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

More to follow!

6066gmcguy
January 25th, 2013, 12:52 AM
It's been really cold here this month, this morning we had freezing rain, but it has warmed up to the point that today is and warmest day of the month, got to about 32* So anyway I was pushing the snow & ice out of the driveway, and was wondering if the old Rescue Squad would even start up. I got in, pulled out the chock, pumped the throtttle and turned the key, it fired right up!!! so I let it run for a while to warm up and make sute the batteries got a full change. I even drove it out of the snow bank and pushed the snow out of the way beofre parking it back here again.

6066gmcguy
January 25th, 2013, 03:26 AM
A short Video of my Rescue Squad from today.

* Video from last summer

Enjoy!

6066gmcguy
January 25th, 2013, 04:48 AM
So on with the story of this truck and me.

after having to pass it up in 2002, I didn't give it much thought, then one day some one, I think it was Arthur, sent me an ebay listing for it, that was in spring of 2012. This time around I have some extra money kicking around so I bid on the truck. I got outbid by a bogus bidder just trying to screw me over, but I don't fall for it and never up the bid. so when the auction ends, the other bidder is found to be bogus and they offer me the truck at my first bid.

So I send off the money and hire a truck to bring it across country. Its with a guy I Know from the ATHS, and he is giving me a good price on the move, I just have to wait tell he has a truck coming this way with extra room.

The truck arrived in the last weeks of June. A lot of guys said I should fly our and drive it back, but that would have been a mistake, the truck needed a few things fixed, one exhaust pipe broke off during shipment on the truck! So I had to find a dock we could unload it at, and one was not too far away in Brigham City.

6066gmcguy
January 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Once I get the truck home, I find it is not charging and the batteries won't stay charged.

So I remove th eold 105 amp genarator;

and swap in a smaller, lighter 165 amp Alt.

I had to find a double grove pulley and make a bracket to fit the top of the alt.

Once I had the Power Flowing again I needed some place for it to be stored, so I installed 2 new batteries.

6066gmcguy
January 25th, 2013, 06:46 AM
After getting the chargine system straightened out, it was off to a friends place to weld up the exhaust pipe.

Then is was time to show off some, here we are doing the Honeyville 4th of July Parade

and then on display at the Honeyville City Park after the Parade.

6066gmcguy
January 26th, 2013, 05:28 AM
I didn't much time during the last summer to show off the truck after July 4th becasue I spent most of my summer driving charter bus to & thru Yellowstone, so it kinda just sat around while I was gone. Here are some pics of the Black Built Bodies end of the truck.

6066gmcguy
January 26th, 2013, 05:35 AM
One thing the Guy I bought the truck from didn't know was that there is a Onan Electric Plant onboard, I guess in the few years he had the truck he never opened any onthe rear compartments. I seen the switch on the dash for it and sent a question to him and he had to send some one out to check to see if there was one.

I had it running and it powers the flood lights.

its on slides so you can pull it out to run it.

George Bongert
January 27th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Greetings to Jolly and the Group!

Looks like you got a little bit of snow there, (nice pictures by the way, a really beautiful truck) and glad your truck fired right up for you. But then, did you have any doubt that it wouldn't fire up? After all, it's a real truck, a GMC. I remember when we towed the 62 GMC pickup home for the engine swap I had planned for my old 63 Chevy, (I-292 six to GMC 305 V-6) the GMC hadn't been started or run in over a year. First thing I remember doing when I got the truck home was to put in new points and condenser and a battery (was -10F and the truck was outdoors when I did it), got in, pushed in the clutch, pulled the choke, cranked it over and got gas to the carb (the gas was rancid on top of all else), and the old fellow fired right up and ran like a Swiss watch. I guess that's what I like about those old V-6 engines is the fact that they were so reliable, and almost indestructable unless they were abused by running without or low on oil, continual overheating, or revving them beyond safe limits. God I miss that old truck!

George Bongert
Oshkosh Wisconsin

6066gmcguy
January 27th, 2013, 10:01 PM
While I was driving Charter Bus to YellowStone National Park all summer,

I drove the truck around a few times when I was home during the summer when I had days at home, taking photos at Local spots just to get some nice photos of the truck. Here are some pics in Brigham City Utah.

Brigham Citty Oregon Short Line Depot

Brigham City Temple

Brigham City Rail Yards.

63_Rouss_Fire_Co_GMC
January 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Very nice truck, love the photo next to the EMD (GM) SD40-2 in the rail yard. I myself like to restore trucks n my buddy like to restore trains. He has as FA2, two GP9's, a SD35 and a SD40, talk about a costly hobby. Anyway, wanted to say great photos, Jeremy Cooper, Winchester Va.

6066gmcguy
January 28th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Here are some more photos of my GMC Rescue Squad out & about. you can use these as examples of How to take photos of your truck, First rule, Get Out Of The Driveway!!!

Keep the Background smiple, nice old building or just open space works well, but a Corn Field is Ok too.

Corn Field Photo!

The Old Bernard Hansen & Co. Store in Bear River City Utah.

You Mite need to move the truck a little when taking photos at a location to get the best framed shot. in the abover pic the truck is pulled up in front of the store, but below I moved it back some so it was not blocking the store front.

But some times its better to block out some of an old building.

This is the Old Tolman & Sons Store in Honeyville.

6066gmcguy
January 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Some times you can get away with a Driveway shot, like this one.

Its not my Driveway, but I took the photo so none of the near by houses showed up in it. Near Water is a good place for photos, next to a river of lake works well, whil the pic below is next to a small man made skiing lake, if you didn't know you mite think is at river side instead.

Calls Fort Water Ski Lake.

If you live in a big Urban area and can't find any open space for photos, a City park mite work out OK.

Honeyville City Park.

You say you don't have a city park near by why not try the park every one if dieing to get into, the local Cemetery. {I know bad joke eh}

Calls Fort Cemetery

GMCDAC
January 29th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Without a doubt that is the coolest most photogenic purpose-built vintage truck I have ever seen. The places you have found for photos have even made it look better if that is even possible!

Rt click-save, rt click-save over and over again!

Thanks---DAC

6066gmcguy
January 29th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Of Course being an Emergency Vehicle I just had to stop in front of the Honeyville Fire Station for a photo or two.

Also with one of Honeyvilles Fire Truck while at the Park on the 4th of July.

6066gmcguy
January 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM
The Big Event in Box Elder County is held by Brigham City in September every year, it called Peach Days, and its has the BIGGEST FREE car show in the state of Utah, Nearly 1000 cars, Trucks & Rat Rods.

The night before the show they have the Poker/Fun Run, and the Wife & I made the run in the Rescue Squad. I didn't get any pics at the starting line, wich was at the Local GMC Dealer, Hansen Motors. The first stop was in Perry Utah at the Park, which was a short drive from Hanson Motors on back roads.

Then to back to Brigham and up the Canyon, going up the Canyon I could max out the engine in 3rd gear, then get 4th and the power would drop off, I needed a egeat in between, like maybe a 2 speed rear axle.

In Matua for the 2nd stop and our 2nd card.

3rd stop was back down in Brigham as was the rest of the stops. Again I didn't get pics at the 3rd stop. the 4th stop was at Intermountain Mini Trucks.

The Final stop and last card was at John Addams Park in Brigham City, this stop was the best as they had Burgers waiting for us.

you can see my truck on the left side of the pic with the hood up, as folks wanted to see what engine I was running.

6066gmcguy
January 30th, 2013, 05:59 AM
On Saturday was the Peach Days Car Show, the BIGGEST FREE car show in the state of Utah, Nearly 1000 cars, Trucks & Rat Rods showed up in 2012, but only 2 Emergency Vehicles, a UHP car and my Truck.

6066gmcguy
January 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Anyone ever try to get a photo of a Full Moon? To start with look at the info found on this website: How to Photograph the Moon (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

in most cases you can not get a photo of you truck at night with the full moon in the background with out the moon being a little tiny with speck of washed out light. You can get some nice pics of you truck at night with a good Camera, Tripod, remote trigger & some time. I set my camera up on a 10 sec timer, use a remote tiger and shoot under the light of a full moon, of course you need to keep the moon to you back. you will get photos like this with some practice.

This is a night shot! it looks like it could be daylight, in the backgound you can see the ribbons of light form the Hwy and the stars above. notice how I look a little fuzzy compaied to the truck, that because you have to stand really still durning the photo and if you move even a tiny bit this is how the pic looks. this is on a full moon night, there are about 5 days you get this kind of light at night, the 2 days before & After a full moon and onthe night of the full moon.

In this shot you see more sky, so the camera didn't stay open as long making the truck come out darker, but this looks more like a night shot, and whats that star formation in the sky?

Now if you want to get a hsot of your truck under the full moon, you need to add the moon into a night shot.

Here is the same photo as above with the full moon added into it.

6066gmcguy
January 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Now lets look at what happened when I took a photo of my truck at night with all the lights on.

As can be seen here the photo came out vary dark, that is because the camera is picking up all the extra light and not staying open as long. its kinda the same problem as shoting the moon, your either going to have dark photo, or one with the lights washed out. So what I did was to get help running the camera for the next shot.

I set thing up like before, only this time I have some one to push the button on the camera to start the timer as i'm too far for a remote triger to work, if you look you can see me sitting in the cab. Once the camera was taking the photo, I turned on all the Emergency lights then turned them back off so they were only one for a sec or 2. I did this 2 or 3 times to be sure I got a photo I could use.

Than i slipped the moon into the photo in PhotoImpact for this photo evey one likes.

6066gmcguy
January 31st, 2013, 08:29 AM
How about some pics of inside the cab tonight.

The shift lever was hitting the Siren control box so I moved it to the left & lined it up with the light control box.

6066gmcguy
January 31st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Some time when buy an old truck you will find it has Electrical Demons, even on a truck that looks this nice. you see some of the lights didn't work, and there was two radio system that had been partly removed.

For starters, thi si sthe mess I found under the dash, most of thes wires are "Extra" that got left behind after there useful lives had ended. any wire I found under the dash the had nothing hooked to it got check for either power of ground, and none was found it got removed. with with power on them also got removed. wires showing ground got tested to see what the operated, some were just grounded out on the other end.

This is just some of the extra wiring removed, I had a big box full of unused wire by the time I had finshed.

This is how things looked under the dash when i got done. every wire has a job and there are no extras just hanging around.

6066gmcguy
February 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
The inside of the "Aid Station" is about the same size as a side in camper, and I'm thinking with vary little work one could build a place to sleep onboard.

The back doors even have windows you can roll down for added vetalation.

6066gmcguy
February 10th, 2013, 06:11 PM
There is lots of Outside storage space in the outter compartments, with one containing the Generator and another a big power cord on a reel.

6066gmcguy
February 10th, 2013, 06:18 PM
There is some storage inside with these cabinets up on the walls on each side.

and these at the rear of the air station.

There is also a cabinet over in the space over the cab, it had Radio equimpent in it that will be removed.

The truck came fully equiped with all the trash you see inside.

6066gmcguy
February 18th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I just got the word that My truck will be on the back cover of the SPAAMFAA's Magazine, Enjine!~Enjine! comeing out mid March.

SPAAMFAA = SOCIETY for the PRESERVATION & APPRECIATION of ANTIQUE MOTOR FIRE APPARATUS in AMERICA

Cayoterun
February 25th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I just got the word that My truck will be on the back cover of the SPAAMFAA's Magazine, Enjine!~Enjine! comeing out mid March.

SPAAMFAA = SOCIETY for the PRESERVATION & APPRECIATION of ANTIQUE MOTOR FIRE APPARATUS in AMERICA

Good news, Jolly:
That's a sharp truck and have been following since you got it.
Would like to see it in person sometime.
It deserves to be there, imo.

6066gmcguy
March 10th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Well Spring is in the Air, I got the Old Fordson Power Major up and running, and my Father-In-law has been driving it around the farm....

I figuered it was a good time to get the Rescue Squad out and air up the tires, they have looked low from the time it arrived in Utah last summer.
The front tires & outside rears all had 32psi, kinda low of a truck this size, the manaul saids 65 should be the high end, I pumed them up to 70psi. The inner duals, both of them, had only 10 psi, I wonder if they just never checked them.

Cayoterun
March 10th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Good to see the "old gray", uuhh, blue horses back for spring work.

6066gmcguy
March 31st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Took the Rescue Squad for a short ride yesterday.

Ended up parking it out front of the house.

6066gmcguy
April 2nd, 2013, 04:26 AM
Parked near the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Brigham City Temple.

FetchMeAPepsi
April 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Looks great. That church looks like a marzipan cake lol

6066gmcguy
May 19th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I took the Rescue Squad on Saturday to Brigham City to put in an appearance at the North Stake Center 50th anniversary open house,

Brigham City Utah North Stake Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints celebrated its 50th anniversary with an open house on Saturday, May 18, at the stake center, 620 North 300 East.

To re-live the event, organizers invited people who have 1963 or older cars to park them in front of the stake center, thus recreating the atmosphere which existed at the time of the original dedication in 1962.

So I showed up in my 1965 GMC Rescue Squad, which is the same basic body style as 1962 and older. there was only one other old car there.

Cayoterun
May 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Looks good, Jolly. I bet it still was a lot of fun.
How far was it round trip, and what kind of mileage does it get?

FetchMeAPepsi
May 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I just went back thru your thread from start to finish and those snow pics are postcard material!

6066gmcguy
May 20th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Cayoterun, I have not checked the mileage, I just keep it filled up when I go on the road. I fueled yesterday after the show and only added about 7 gallons.

Most of my trips will be short this summer, I mite get out of the country once or twice, but Brigham City is only 6 miles one way, add 2 more to get to the fueling station.

The Fuel gauge is not working right, so I carry two 5 gallon cans with me just in case. I need to make a stick as the cap is inside the cab behind the seat I could check it by just dipping the tank.

6066gmcguy
May 25th, 2013, 07:51 PM
When your truck starts to act like it has a Govenor on it and you know it don't, its time to check your fuel filter, this is the only one on my Rescue truck, they removed the under cab filter, and it look a tad dirty eh.

I got a new one and a spare from Walmart, so maybe it will run a little better for a few more miles.

6066gmcguy
May 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM

I'm getting my Truck ready to go to Malad Idaho Next weekend, first thing I had to do was mow the shop floor. so I got the air filter changed as well as the fuel filter. need to find me an oil filter before removing the canister.

I'm also thinking maybe I shoud install another fuel filter down on the frame just to keep thing clean, as the genorator sucks fuel from the tank with out any filtation.

FetchMeAPepsi
May 25th, 2013, 08:15 PM
LOL I guess varnished filters don't work so great. I wonder if that'd work on my 16 yr old's car as a "stealth" governor?

6066gmcguy
May 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I fired up the Onan Electric Plant on my Rescue Squad today and let it run for a while, I ran it tell dark so I could see how well the flood lights work, and they do a good job of lighting up the aera around the truck.

6066gmcguy
May 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM
So late Saturday I noticed that the tail/turn/brake and marker lights on the back of the truck were not working, today I took on that job.

First I tapped the front park lights & the tail light together so that the front markers now stay on with the headlights. You can learn how to do that on the website.

Next I checked for power at the rear, and I was getting it now, to one light, so I pulled it and found that the turn was burned out. Next I pulled the non-working light and found both tail and turn burned out.

Next I found that bulbs were loose in the sockets so they would not ground all the time, so I headed off to town and picked up four new tail lights. I removed the old tail lights and the back up lights {because they didn't work either and I'm going to put flood lights on later}.

So once all four light were installed I found one was not working right, it turn out to be a Bad bulb, yes even new bulbs can be bad.

Here is a side by side of the old & new lights.

The view you see if you get stuck behind me.

One more shot of My Rescue Squad in my side yard.

6066gmcguy
June 1st, 2013, 02:29 AM
OK I just swapped the Steering Wheel in my Rescue Squad from the stock 19" to a Stock 1962 17" from a pickup.

There are a few differances, but that can be swapped over. the 65 wheel is on the left and the 62 on the right.

Its mostly the back side of the wheel, but I could swap the parts between the two.

This is what the Steering Column parts look like in the 1964-1966 3500 model trucks looks like

Still the 17" is too big so I guess I'll try to find a smaller aftermarket wheel, in Utah you can go as small a 12", and on a big truck that could be a problem, but I have the Power Steering on the Rescue Squad so it should be fine. The problem I have is my oversize gut is up against the wheel all the time, with the 17" wheel I only got 1" more room.

Just so every one know that cool sterring wheel puller I used is a Snap-On Tools Steering Wheel Puller set.

FetchMeAPepsi
June 1st, 2013, 03:33 AM

Just so every one know that cool sterring wheel puller I used is a Snap-On Tools Steering Wheel Puller set.

YOu read my mind! I was thinkin what the heck is that thing the socket is on right there in the other pic. Now i know!:yourock:

6066gmcguy
June 3rd, 2013, 04:02 AM
So yesterday I drove the Rescue Squad to the Car Show in Malad Idaho, about 45 miles away. here we are ready to head out in the morning.

by the time we got the the truck was having a few problems, but the filter didn't look too bad, so I was thinking maybe Vapor Lock as the fuel line was sitting against the block. a stroll through the drug store netted me some wooden close pins. I put some on the fuel line hoping that mite fix the problem.

So after the show we head back for home, it don't take vary long to find that the problem is still there, so we pull to the side fo the road for some repairs.

So I figure on changing out the fuel filter again, it was only replaced the week before and had about 60 miles on it now.

But then I remember seeing this small housing the other day, so I checked it out while we were stopped anyway.

I removed it from the carb and tryed blowing through it, and I could tell this little filter was plugged too. So I removed it, didn't have one to replace it with, so I put it back with out a filter. I then installed a new inline filter while I was at it.

fuel enters that little filter through the hole you can see near the top of the photo. anyway after this I drove the truck the rest of the way home, and to the neet in Brigham and back, it never missed a beat. also once this little fitler was removed I could get the truck over 60 mph!!!!

6066gmcguy
June 3rd, 2013, 04:09 AM
So other then the road side repairs,

I took photos at the Idaho/Utah state line on the way home.

You mite have noticed I kept saying "we" or something like that above, My friend Brad from Brigham City & I drove up together to the show, he was driving his 1950 Chevy 1 ton. Its good to use the buddy system when driving to distant shows, just in case eh.

also while on my own to head into Brigham for the evening meet, I stopped by Wilde's Big Whit barn for some photos.

This is a cool old barn, the big barn in the back has a full basement, and you get to it from the smaller barn in the front. also the people that built this barn use to live in the top of the smaller barn while the built the house. Wilds bought the farm back in 1963 for the sum of $50,000.

Cayoterun
June 3rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
This is a cool old barn, the big barn in the back has a full basement, and you get to it from the smaller barn in the front. also the people that built this barn use to live in the top of the smaller barn while the built the house. Wilds bought the farm back in 1963 for the sum of $50,000.[/QUOTE

Wow! I'd like to build only the barn for that price today, huh?

Looks like you had a good time, in spite of the little hiccups. However on the up side, it's good to find those little gremlins when it keeps running better each time they stick their heads up and can eliminate them. Won't be long 'til we see pics of it running on the drag strips/w all lights flashing.

Keep those great pics coming, makes us want to visit that country sometime to play tourist.

6066gmcguy
July 2nd, 2013, 04:50 AM
It just feels like I sould be posting another photo or two.....
Just cut the grass and had to move the Rescue Squad so I could cut the weeds under it.

Rescue Squad & Old Cat Grader at the Honeyville Show.

6066gmcguy
July 30th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Had my truck in the shop today fixin the Fuel line, I sprang a leak while at the Tremonton Show, the old hose was just getting to brittle.

I also took the generator off the truck fuel tank, as those lines are really messed up too. I'll add a tank to it later.

6066gmcguy
July 30th, 2013, 06:57 AM
than on the way home we stoped at a place to two for photos.
Intermountain Mini Trucks / Vesco

Brigham Implement

Available Sign out near the Airport.

6066gmcguy
September 8th, 2013, 05:07 AM
So its looking like the Rescue Squad will be staying around a while longer, and I took it to the peach 2013 Days Car show, The best part of the Peach Days Car Show....I WON!!!!! Commercial Class.

I'll be working on the photos and get them post most like in the next few days under the Car Show tread I Started..

Cayoterun
September 8th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Nice!

Maybe that 1st place is a good sign that things are maybe on the way out and up from the murky waters.
If the sayin' is true that "it's always darkest before dawn", let's hope it's starting to turn pink in the east, and full sunshine soon.

Funky61
September 8th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Congratulations Jolly!

tommyduncan
September 8th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Seeing this makes me smile.:goodjob:

I don't know you or pretend to but your passion for these vehicles is obvious. This rig (in my mind anyways) is synonymous with the person I envision when I read your posts and I couldn't imagine anyone else owning this or you without it.
Not to diminish your truck but if this makes you happy people should be happy for you!

...and thank you for all the information you have provided on your site. Honestly, all I've ever read on the hotrod type sites was that these V6s are boat anchors. I was fully intending to hack up the 62 I just bought but the info I have gleaned on here convinced me to give the V6 a chance.

So if it means anything to you, you saved another one!
:yourock: Thank you!:yourock:<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>

6066gmcguy
February 15th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Well yesterday after work I fired up the Rescue Squad and moved it, but ended up stuck in the mud!!!! Here is a video before I moved it.

Rescue Squad Frist run this year (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

FetchMeAPepsi
February 16th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Well yesterday after work I fired up the Rescue Squad and moved it, but ended up stuck in the mud!!!! Here is a video before I moved it.

Rescue Squad Frist run this year (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

Jolly IDK if you know it but you can put the video name in YOUTUBE quotes and itll work on most any forum. Im still waiting to hear back from Jeannie on a practice forum. Heres yours though. It looks great! Does the siren run on it? I'd like to see one with the siren running too if it does and its legal to run it at the house.

MxislISUYwA

6066gmcguy
February 17th, 2014, 01:42 AM
I'll have to set the camera up and run the siren for ya, not sure if its legal or not but its still on there and it works.

Did I mention that I got stuck in my yard?

Spun out tryin' to get around the house on the little bit of incline, then got dug in tryin' to get a run at it. had to go get a tractor to pull it out, and you can see just how soft the yard still is from all the snow & rain we had.

This how much the front tire sunk in in one day.

6066gmcguy
February 17th, 2014, 10:55 PM
New Video with all he Siren Sounds....

0xVMc8SJLM0

6066gmcguy
February 18th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Thank You.

Cayoterun
February 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Thank You.

Very nice! A keeper for sure. Thanks, Jolly, for your dedicated contributions to the hobby.

6066gmcguy
February 19th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Well I was just on Google Maps Street view & see they came by my place June of 2013. I know this because when I look across the street I can see myself wroking on a car in my Father-in-laws shop, and that was last June.

FetchMeAPepsi
February 20th, 2014, 10:34 PM
New Video with all he Siren Sounds....

0xVMc8SJLM0

Now that was WAYYY cool! :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks for the grin! I had to call the Powder Puff in and let her see it too. She said, "That's awesome!" :lolflag:

You sure got a great bus!

6066gmcguy
February 22nd, 2014, 01:40 PM
If you & the Powder Puff are ever out this way, stop by and she can run the siren....

FetchMeAPepsi
March 3rd, 2014, 02:50 PM
If you & the Powder Puff are ever out this way, stop by and she can run the siren....

Thanks Jolly! Now she's pushing for me to take Cecilia up to Utah. It probably won't happen very soon, but I think we might try once she's up to it.The state is full of eye candy. I think the drive would be neat and a good chance for a history lesson going through all the little towns. Keep us posted on those contests!

:yourock:

6066gmcguy
March 9th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I been having clutch problems, I crawled under and adjusted the clutch linkage but that has not fixed the problem, just made it worst.

So I guess I'll be rebuilding or replacing the Master cylinder next.

6066gmcguy
March 10th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Some Numbers I found in case anyone is looking.

Master Cylinder
Dorman M87167
Fenco {Autozone} NM34404

Slave Cylinder
Dorman CS36124

6066gmcguy
March 16th, 2014, 06:27 PM
The Master Cylinder Swap was not too bad, the worst part was getting the clutch to bleed back up.

First I needed to readjust the clutch linkage at the slave cylinder, because the adjustment I make last week was not needed & it just made the clutch slip.

two 2x4 under the right front tire gives me room to get my belly under the running board.

To remove the master cylinder, first undo the lines to the brakes & clutch. You mite want to invest in a 7/16 line wrench for this job as many folks have rounded the line nuts using a so called normal wrench. then remove the 3 bolts and it come right off.

This should be the same for pickups with this same set up.

Old & New Master cylinders side by side. I got the new one from Autozone for under $50.

6066gmcguy
March 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Another view of the new master cylinder, this is Autozone Duralast NM34404.

Once you have installed the new master cylinder, its time to bleed it & if you don't have a power bleeder, you'll need a friend to help. besure to get all the air out, once your done it should look like this.

The clutch works great now with out having to be pumped up so I can shift into first gear, once I'm moving the clutch is just along for the ride.

Then its time to show off a little eh.

Next on the list, Tinting for the cabin windows.

6066gmcguy
March 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM
This is a photo I took the other day just before sundown, the moon was just a bright white speck in the sky, so I photoshopped in an image of the moon over that speck.

Don't forget my "Howlin' at the Moon Truck & Car Show", This Show Will go on into the Night under the Full Moon on June 14 2014. There will be a Vehicle Lighting Contest & Valve Cover Racing. To Be Held at the Y-Farm Red Shed on Highway 38, Honeyville Utah.

Info can be found on Facebook, Howlin' at the Moon (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

GMCDAC
March 16th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the update on this truck! I never get tired of seeing pics of it. That is a great step by step on the master and slave cylinder replacement.

It seems I can never get help bleeding these hydraulics and no pressure bleeder either. These "Mity-Vac" vacuum guns work great although I would rather use one of the other two methods. My darn hands can get tired and the seal on the bleeders can be a bit difficult. Definitely a lifesaver when there's no other choice! I tee in a vacuum gauge to test vacuum advance units and solenoids too.

DAC

6066gmcguy
March 18th, 2014, 02:14 AM
I bought one of those once, never used it and can't find it now. I wonder who ended up with it....

6066gmcguy
March 21st, 2014, 04:58 AM
So now the Master Cylinder is replaced, I took apart the old one and this is what I found.

Its got a lot of gunk in the bottom of the ressavoir & inside the piston bores.

And there is a hole in the piston rubber on the clutch side, so its no wonder it leaked off.

FetchMeAPepsi
March 22nd, 2014, 05:20 PM
Mmm, oatmeal! Thanks for the parts numbers. I have a small leak on the slave cylinder (didnt know thats what it was called till this post) so now I dont look like an idiot saying "hey, gimme one of those pushy things that squirt oil and move the clutch" :lolsmack:

6066gmcguy
March 25th, 2014, 02:15 AM
I was looking for the master cylinder on the Autozone website, the search brought up both the master & slave, so I figured I mite as well post both number. If you have an earlyer truck, the master cylinder may have a 3rd line like in the pic below, this was the set up on my 1960 LCF, that line lets brake fluid flow down to the booster under the cab, not sure what number that one would be. Anyone know?

6066gmcguy
March 30th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Been working on getting some lights fixed up and added more, check out the new video.

X9Pd3p5pC14

6066gmcguy
March 30th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Today, as seen in the video above, I did some work on my Rescue Squad lights.

First I install two more Rotating lights on the ploes in the back.

As can be seen here they can be adjusted up or down.

Then I installed the blue lens on the center light mounted to the cabin.

6066gmcguy
March 30th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Next I changed out the lights on the front of the Cabin, the old ones have faded lens & a small incandescent light bulb. The new lens is the same used on School Buses with a large sealed beam spot lamp.

As can be seen here the lens are about the same size, but I had to cut out the back of the old light housing to get the sealed beam to fit, but it was not too hard to do.

I found a large mouse nest behind the light on the right side, I should have taken a photo of it before I pulled it out.

Here you can see how the new lens look on the front of the cabin.

6066gmcguy
March 30th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Time to Show Off a Little More, I drove down to the pond near the park for some pics today, so a few folks that were out got to see the Rescue Squad up close.

LQQK what I found when i took a drive to the 7-11, the Fire Marshal.

6066gmcguy
April 20th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Took the Rescue Squad to its first show for the 2014 season, the Jelsco Awards Car Show in Harrisville Utah.

I won another Award.

There was a 1961 GMC Pickup, but it had been repowered by a CSB.

6066gmcguy
April 20th, 2014, 05:06 PM
While at the show the Rescue Squad was under fire from other Photographers, here one photo I found on Hot Rod Time.com, and I know Tanks2Frank.com and Cruise News 2 was there too.

Slide Show of the Jelsco Awards Car Show (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>) <~~~ can be seen there.

6066gmcguy
April 27th, 2014, 06:26 AM
I have been looking for some tires to install on 22.5" wheels, to replace the 20" lock ring wheels, I have a set of 7 tubeless 22.5" wheels, That came with the 1960 LCF I bought a while back, I'll be installing when I get time.

Three of the wheels are not on the chassis, and two of those are bad. So I started doing some tire research.

Old tires removed.

Tire on the Rescue Squad.

From what I have seen the shortest tire you can get is 255/70R22.5 which is about the same hight as the 20"s on there now. These can be pricy tires. I found one for $100, for my research, and then resold it for $100.

Next I found 2 motorhome tires for $200, they are a Michelin 235/80R22.5 this is a Michelin only tire size from what I have found out, and these tires go for over $500 each new.

I installed the new Used tires, as they have 17/32 tread, they are as close to new as you can get and still be used.

I just need to get time to install them on the Rescue Squad.

6066gmcguy
May 4th, 2014, 05:23 AM
If you have been following me on here, you know I can olny drive about 100 miles before I need to change the fuel filters, also you know the tank in my truck is behind the seat as well as the filler neck for it.

so the Question is what to do....

I found this, a fuel tank off a reefer trailer, its 22" round and 34" long, thats about 56 gallons.

I'm going to mount it in place of the Generator in the side compartment.

FetchMeAPepsi
May 6th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Too bad you'll lose the generator. That's a cool feature! I like having the extra gas tank though. That's a good idea and you'll be able to drive farter, like to Wichita and a Mini Meet! :bananadance:

6066gmcguy
May 16th, 2014, 03:25 AM
More info on the tires & Wheels I installed on the front.

Here is the old 20" lock ring wheel coming off,

Note this is a 5 lug front axle, but the wheels have 10 holes, on the rear axle they use all 10 lugs.

Here is the 22.5" tubeless wheels going on, these wheels came with the 1960 Chevy Viking 60 I bought a while back and stripped to the frame.

6066gmcguy
June 18th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Back at the end of May before things went bad for my family, I took the Rescue Squad to a local show at the coffee chop buzzbru.

6066gmcguy
June 18th, 2014, 03:29 AM
then last weekend I did my own show "Howlin at the Moon"

I even had a car show DJ playing the tunes from his 1960 Ford Braodcase van.

6066gmcguy
July 5th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Yesterday I showed off the Rescue Squad at the Honeyville 4th of July Parade & Car Show.

I didn't really shot any photos of my truck there, what was I thinking? it was HOT and I guess my brian must have melted.

Anyway here is the Slide Show ~~~> Honeyville 4th of July (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>), Enjoy.

6066gmcguy
July 7th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Just out taking a few photos today, here the Rescue Squad in front of the old Honeyville School.

And 2 more near the north Welcome to Honeyville sign.

6066gmcguy
July 9th, 2014, 04:27 AM
I have not posted a night shot for a while so here the latest one.

In this shot some of the lights have quit wroking,their brakers are getting hot and shutting them down, so I'm going to have toi do some rewiring and get those working again.

6066gmcguy
July 23rd, 2014, 04:15 AM
Last Saturday I took the Rescue Squad out for a drive and some New Photos.

I started out with the Calls Fort Monument Vary near to my home base.

Then I stopped by the Sunmart Travel Plaza in Elwood and roll onto the Cat Scale.

Anyone know how much their truck weights? I do now! 11580 Lbs with driver.

6066gmcguy
July 23rd, 2014, 04:27 AM
Then it was off to the Box Elder County Fairgrounds main enterance in Tremonton.

6066gmcguy
July 23rd, 2014, 04:33 AM
Next I drove up to Marble Park in Bothwell.

6066gmcguy
July 23rd, 2014, 04:38 AM
We have two high schools in Box Elder County, the school in the north end, on the Tremonton Garland city limits, is the Bear River High School.

and in Brigham City is the High School for the kids in the south end is Box Elder High School.

Home of the Bees.

Both of these High Schools were remodeled a few years ago, only saving the newest parts of BEHS and rebuilding the rest new either behind the old school of next to it, once the new school was up and running, the old part nolonger used got torn down.

6066gmcguy
August 3rd, 2014, 01:23 AM
Today I took the Rescue Squad to the Great Mountain Chevy/GMC Truck Club Picnic, here we see the wild GMC Emergency Vehicle preparing to pounce in it's unsuspecting prey.

Here is a shot out on an old dirt road with old barn behind.

I finally arrived at the Millstream Classic Car Museum in Willard Utah.

Beside myself, three other members brought out there trucks.

6066gmcguy
August 29th, 2014, 02:08 AM
That last trip my brake booster started going out and by the time I got home I didn't have any braking action left. Looks like it will be time to pull that off for a rebuild, mite be a good project to start this weekend.

I guess I really fill the need to go to a show I can always take the Convertible, here it is with the Rescue Squad in my Yard.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and stay Safe!!!!

Andice
August 29th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Like Henry J Kaiser said: "Find a need and feel it!"

6066gmcguy
August 30th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Took the Rescue Squad to the shop last night with no brakes, just took it slow. I got to checking things out and that no fluid in the master cylinder, so finding the leak should be a snap. the rea wheel cylinders are leaking.

One think the shop need is a 5 ton floor jack, or a 20 ton bottle jack, guess I'll be buying a 20 ton bottle jack next week too. I use my ramps to get the truck's back end in the air to start with, then two 2 ton floor jacks to raise the wheel on one side off the ramp and onto stands.

I pulled off the wheel and found this rig has drums that can be removed with out having to pull the axle.

6066gmcguy
August 30th, 2014, 07:49 PM
With the drum off I can see that this is a 2 cylinder set up, and yes both of them are leaking.

The brake shoes look really good, but then it only has 8800 miles on it.

So I pulled both cylinders off to find some new ones.

I got them coming from NAPA next week. the numbers in case any one really wants to know:
Raybestos, forward cylinder - WC-18196 $37
Raybestos, rear cylinder - WC-37042 $ 44

Here is what you will find if you take them apart, the cylinders are 1.5"

More next weekend, well maybe not, its peach days and I have the convertible entered.

FetchMeAPepsi
September 7th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the part numbers Jolly! I added them to my list for the future. Not sure if they're the same but they look awful close. Powder Puff said to tell you the pic of the Rescue Squad in the weeds looks like a tiger. By the time you see it, it's already too late!
How did the Peach Days go?

6066gmcguy
September 7th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Peach Days was fun for while, but the blazzing hot sun was well just too much. they pulled in about 1000 cars, trucks, & motor bikes. I have posted photo on my facepage, Jolly's Truck & Car Show Page, see link below.

6066gmcguy
September 28th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Ok here's an update on the Brake repairs, I'm going to have to replace all the major fluid components of the braking system.

So far I have replaced the master cylinder this past spring, now I have the rear wheel cylinders installed.

This area of your wheel cylinderr should be dry, no water of fluid.

New Brake Wheel Cylinders installed.

6066gmcguy
September 28th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Here are some tools you mite want to have when doing a brake job on one of these Big GMCs.

First a good bottle jack, 12 tons or more. and don't reliy on just the bottle jack to hold it up while you working under there, always use a jack stand too.
Ok photobucket you have turn that photo anytime now....

You mite have noticed a floor jack in some of the photos, I had to use 2 2-ton jacks at the sme time to lift the truck, so the new bottle jack was bought to makethat job less work, and I didn't want to blow out the seals in the floor jacks.

An inpact driver will help in braking those rusty drum screws loose.

Lst not forget getting those big wheels off the truck in the first place, you need a good air supply and 3/4" inpact gun of bigger,

but you can do it by hand too with a 3/4" braker bar. a large pry bar works good to help in removing and install the wheels. also note in the pic a can of WD-40.

Once you get the tires off and the drum, then all you really ned are a few small hand tools.

6066gmcguy
September 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I have removed my Bendix Hydrovac and sent it off for rebuild. the place I found could not provide a kit for me to rebuild it but said they have boxes of parts and just match up what you have with what they have and do it that way.

Before sending it off I craked it open and took a look but I forgot to do photos of the inside.

What I found was that the big diafram had a large split in it and fluid insdie next to the brake slave cylinder where it should have been dry.

Next I need to locate the front wheel cylinders, anybody got number for those?

FetchMeAPepsi
October 3rd, 2014, 04:08 PM
Where did you send it off to?

6066gmcguy
October 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM
Here is a quik update, I found for the front wheel cylinders numbers.
Raybestos: Left WC19090, Right WC19091

I ordered my parts this time from Q'reilly so I chould get my shop discount.
O'Reilly used the same numbers too, only BHH in fonrt of it, BHH WC19090 $47.44 {$24.77} & BHH WC19091 $47.44 {$24.77}
I also picked up the three hoses to replace those too, front you'll need 2 BHH BH36698 $47.44 {$25.05} rear BHH BH36563 $50.83 {$26.84}

I sent the booster to a place in SLC Utah for rebuild, cost $213.oo, Item code PBS 2504102D

PBC Fleet Lites & Parts, P.O. Box 27687, SLC UT 84127 801-972-9700
<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br> (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

6066gmcguy
November 15th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Well I got my Rescue Squad back onthe road and even took it to a show in Ogden in October. So I guess now that is getting cold out I should do an update on the Manville Rescue Squad.

I got the Brake Booster back from Rebuild, looks like they did a good job.

Got it installed with new hoses.

Looks like I need to resize and upload some more photo of the rest of the Brake rebuild.

6066gmcguy
November 15th, 2014, 03:47 PM
More info on my Wheels, as you know if you have been following this story, I have a set of 22.5 tubeless wheels that came on the old 1960 LCF I parted out.

I put two on the front with some new tires, when I was doing the front brakes, I installed the other four on the rear. this truck being heavy as it is, I bought a 12 ton jack from O'Reilly Auto Parts. then I happen to be near a Harber Frieght Tools a few weeks later so I check their jacks and also picked up a 20 ton jack.

Both work OK now but the Harbor Frieght jack leaked off the first time I used it. I run the bleeder valve in & out a few times then it was OK.

While installing the rear tires I found these marking on the rims.
The wheel look to be from 9 of 1959.

I now have all the 22.5 tubeless wheels on the truck and I also have one spare.

6066gmcguy
November 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Ok the front wheel cylinders started off by raising the fron axle enouhgt for the front tire to get off the ground.

Remove the front wheel and now I can see the bearing will need to be pulled to get to the brakes.

Remove the cover to get at the bearings.

Kinda small bearings for a big truck, but it is rated only for 16000 lbs.

once the outer bearing is removed you can pull the front hub/drum assembly off.

Remove the inner bearing and seal.

clean up the bearings and seal then repack with nice clean greese.

Ok the front wheel bearing are takin care of on to the wheel cylinders.

6066gmcguy
November 16th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Ok first thing I did was remove the springs at the top so I could pull the shoes out of the way, no need to remove tham as there is plenty of brake lining left. then I loosened the brake line, it does not have a swivel fitting so I pulled the two bolts that hold the cylinder to the backing plate and spun if off the line.

Only one side of one cylinder on the front was leaking, but mite as well do both as you have to just about remove them to check them.

Install the new cylinder by spinning it onto the line then bolt in place.

reinstall the brake shoes,

and the springs on the top. next thing to do is install the brake drum, I started to bleed the system with one side still off and this is what happens, besides you can't get it to built up as you will blow of the pistons and end up with a major leak.....Doh!!!

Jumping ahaed is not a good thing, so I had to remove the cylinder, put it back together and reinstall, then I installed the drum and did the bleeding of the brakes.

6066gmcguy
November 16th, 2014, 05:21 AM
so with the truck back on the road, it was time once again for the Choose Your Ride Show in Ogden.
I got this nice award for going last year.

Here we are at the 2014 show. LQQK below for a link to All the Photos I took.

The Line Up.

LQQK The Link~~> Choose Your Ride 2014 (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>), Enjoy eh.

6066gmcguy
January 31st, 2015, 11:40 PM
Nice day out today so I fired up the Rescue Squad and drove it to DownTown Honeyville, here it is at the Fire Station/City Hall.

6066gmcguy
January 31st, 2015, 11:42 PM
Here we see what the Big Snow Storm did in Utah this year so far.

6066gmcguy
January 31st, 2015, 11:46 PM
My 1965 GMC 3500 Black Built Bodies Rescue Squad in my front yard in Honeyville Utah, also my 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible.

FetchMeAPepsi
February 4th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Great pics! :tiphat:

Youre so lucky living in Utah like that. Beautiful country! I'd have a tough time keeping myself and The Boy from scaling those mountains every day looking for wayward lizards and snakes. :runforthehills:

6066gmcguy
February 8th, 2015, 02:45 AM
the temps here in Northern Utah reached up to 71*, so it was a good day to take the Rescue Squad out for a Royale Run, Diamond Reo Royale that is.

6066gmcguy
March 9th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Yesterday I took the Rescue Squad out for a short run, to keep it limbered up don't you know.

Stopped out front of Honeyville Grain for a photo shoot,

Then on the way back to the home 20, I got in some "Accidental Railfanning" as I spotted a train coming in time to get the Rescue Squad in place for a train run by photo, or two.

This train had three locos up front,

and two pushing on the rear.

:thumbsup:

6066gmcguy
April 29th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Yesterday after work I headed on over to a local car show with the Rescue Squad,
Frozen Udder, Superior Computers, Firehouse Pizza, Sevurity Finance 1st Annual Car Show, Hows that for a short name?

Kids always want to see whats inthe back, which is nothing at this time, but I let them look anyway, and the rear seats are a good place to take a photo.

After the show I stopped for more gas and the girl running the station wanted to take my picture, I told here ok as long as she sends me a copy.

We had a ngood time and Won another Award.

You can find all the photos right there ~~~> Frozen Udder Car Show 2015 (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>), Enjoy.

6066gmcguy
May 4th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Well I did another car show Saturday, but had some trouble uploading my photos to the bucket, I put them in the worng album, so I have spent a lot of time today moving them, now we are ready to show them off.

There was one HHR in the show, the Hot Rod Time HHR, their website if great and I post my photos there too, maybe you mite want to chek it out when you have some spare time. *HotRodTime.com (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

The Rescue Squad got a wash job before going to the show so we was looking good for the show. I also had on display my New Award for the Best Emergency Vehicle for the Howlin' at the Moon show.

Then the Perry Police Stopped by so I taked him into showing off a little with the Rescue Squad.

the DJ playing the music drives one of these.

And we played some Darts too.

And was always you can find all the photos by clicking there ~~~> buzzbru show 2015 (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>).

6066gmcguy
May 4th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Here is a short video of the light show.

6066gmcguy
May 4th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Shot some photos on the way to the show & onthe way home.

I stopped inthe middle of the street under the Brigham Arch.

Went past the GMC Dealer

then stopped by the lake after the show.

TJ's GMC
May 4th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Those are some awesome pictures! Sounds like you had a fun day for sure! :thumbsup:

6066gmcguy
July 8th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Have been too buzy to post with all the other things I doing, but you can always follow me on Facebook to see what I'm up to, I post all my Truck & Car Show photos over there, out of room in my Photobucket albums. I'll be posting pics below.

These Photos are from the trip up to Malad Idaho & at the show., this would be the Out of State show for the Rescue Squad, always lots of fun but this year was a bit low in numbers at the show.

There was a nice old GMC with a Flat Head Ford for power.

6066gmcguy
July 8th, 2015, 02:34 AM
Same day as Malad but at night, was the Mugs & Banana Drag Night in Tremonton, so I took the Convertible out to that. Here are a few photos.

6066gmcguy
July 8th, 2015, 02:44 AM
I should be keeping this thread about my Rescue Squad, so I'll try to stay on track, The next show I did with the Rescue Squad I also took the Convertible to too. Ryan Baugh's Car Show was just down the street from my house so getting both there was not a problem.

The next four shows requiered a long drive in the Hot summer, so the classics stay at home. Pic of those can be seen on my FacePage Jolly's Truck & Car Show Page.

6066gmcguy
July 8th, 2015, 02:55 AM
Well next show was Honeyville July 4th, I took the Rescue Squad up to the park for Display, and ran the Convertible in the Parade then put it in the park as well.

6066gmcguy
July 8th, 2015, 03:03 AM
At this time the Rescue Squad & Covnertible are on display in the front yard.

6066gmcguy
July 25th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Took the Rescue Squad over the freeway to Bear River City for the Tractor & Truck show today. Here are a few photos, Enjoy.

6066gmcguy
July 25th, 2015, 06:26 AM
The young man running the show just happen to work for the UHP and he had to go to work so he stopped by with his patrol car and I got a few phics with it.

6066gmcguy
July 25th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Another Short video for you to enjoy.

Had I little fun at the Bear River City Tractor & Truck Show. A short video with the UHP at the Bear River City Tractor & Truck Show. The young man that put on the show just happened to

ikxSbGvYvF8

6066gmcguy
July 31st, 2015, 01:37 AM
Just a quick shot of the Rescue Squad sitting in my side yard.

6066gmcguy
September 7th, 2015, 01:23 AM
I had the 15 year party last weekend, as well as a Truck club picnic & the 2nd Howlin at the Moon Truck & Tractor show, for photos you'll have to go to my Facebook page listed below. I will include some here.

There was a lighting contest and 10 other awards givin out. a good time was had by every one that came out. doubled the number of entries from last years, we got 33 this year.

6066gmcguy
September 7th, 2015, 01:34 AM
So this last Weekend I drove the Rescue Squad to Willard for the Willard Round-up, and a bad thing happened, I ran out of gas on my way home a mile short of the planed fuel stop. So Its time to get that 50 gallon tank installed, beside I found a leak in the stock tank near the top when I filled up.

FetchMeAPepsi
September 9th, 2015, 03:42 PM
That tank is HUGE! You should be set after that!
I don't know what it is with running out of gas lately. I did the same thing this past weekend. Gas gauge said I still had a gallon or so though. Might need to clean the sender off. Anyway, it's in the water lately! I hope you post the new tank install. Working on gas tanks makes me nervous and I'd like to see someone do it first.

6066gmcguy
September 11th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Some Photos of my Truck Before they inverted Color.

6066gmcguy
September 11th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Once I have this bigger reefer tank installed I can remove this thing from behind the seat.

6066gmcguy
September 17th, 2015, 02:36 AM
Took the Rescue Squad to the Peach Days Fun Run last week, used it as a photo platform. took some pics in the starting place wich is the GMC dealer in Brigham City.

6066gmcguy
September 28th, 2015, 03:06 AM
So I headed to the Season of Sunday's Car show in Ogden & I'm headed down Washington Blvd when I drive past this place called Dany's Tire & Auto Repair. Just look what I found in their lot.

6066gmcguy
September 28th, 2015, 03:23 AM
Here are a few pics of my Truck at the Season of Sundays car show, I use to tell you for the other photos to follow me on facepage, but I have dumped that site from my life, I'll have nothing more to do with them.

So if you want to see my car show photos you'll need to come on over to Hot Rod Time.com (<br><font color='red'>To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?</font><br>) to see the latest photos.

6066gmcguy
September 28th, 2015, 04:04 AM
Has anyone installed or try installing seats out of a newer GMC/Chevy, the one with the seat belt built in, into their 60-66 GMC?

George Bongert
September 28th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Greetings Jolly!

Nice pictures there in Ogden. While it's nice to see an early Chevy pickup, (among the other trucks shown at Dany's) it's too bad that they didn't leave it as it originally was. To convert it into a "low rider" absolutely ruins the historic and antique value of the truck in my opinion. And to me, that's just plain a doggone shame. But then,that's just my opinion--others would probably disagree with me. Now this is probably a bit off topic, but I recently saw a beautifully restored 1947 IHC pickup at the Pickett Steam and Gas Engine show here in Wisconsin. The only change the owner made to the truck was that he re-powered it with a Chevy 235 cid inline 6, simply because the original engine was pretty much trashed. The point is that he kept the integrity of the original truck instead of making it into something it was never intended to be--a "low rider." I apologize for getting off topic here, it's just that I like to see these vehicles as they originally were, even if a little cheating has to be done to re-power the vehicle because of parts availability for the original engine.

GMCDAC
September 30th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Has anyone installed or try installing seats out of a newer GMC/Chevy, the one with the seat belt built in, into their 60-66 GMC?

Hey Jolly, we rented an '04 Burb with those seats last weekend. I sure don't think there would be any reason not to use those seats long as the adapter mounting is done well. I built "adapter brackets" for my '70 GMC Jimmy to fit seats from a 1997 Dodge Caravan.

Greetings Jolly!

Nice pictures there in Ogden. While it's nice to see an early Chevy pickup, (among the other trucks shown at Dany's) it's too bad that they didn't leave it as it originally was. To convert it into a "low rider" absolutely ruins the historic and antique value of the truck in my opinion. And to me, that's just plain a doggone shame. But then,that's just my opinion--others would probably disagree with me. Now this is probably a bit off topic, but I recently saw a beautifully restored 1947 IHC pickup at the Pickett Steam and Gas Engine show here in Wisconsin. The only change the owner made to the truck was that he re-powered it with a Chevy 235 cid inline 6, simply because the original engine was pretty much trashed. The point is that he kept the integrity of the original truck instead of making it into something it was never intended to be--a "low rider." I apologize for getting off topic here, it's just that I like to see these vehicles as they originally were, even if a little cheating has to be done to re-power the vehicle because of parts availability for the original engine.

I agree Mr. Bongert, low riders aren't my thing either. I like survivors best but dig seeing what old trucks looked like new also in the restorations. My daily driver is a 1955 2nd GMC but somewhere along the way someone put a mid-60's 230 I-6 Chevy in it. Got it running great and don't even want power steering with the stock straight axle. It wouldn't feel like 1955 any other way!

DAC

6066gmcguy
October 10th, 2015, 03:21 AM
This is how the Fuel Tank in my 1965 GMC 3500 has been from the time that the Rescue Squad was built onto the chassis. you had to open the drivers door, tip the seat forward to put in the gas. and doing it with a gas can was not much fun. so it was time for a change. beside the tank was a lot of dirt in it and it leaks from the fuel line and gauge hole. nice fumes to be smelling when you drive it eh?

6066gmcguy
October 10th, 2015, 03:25 AM
First on the list, find a better, bigger fuel tank. I found this 50 gallon tank that once use to be the fuel tank for a Reefer Trailer.

6066gmcguy
October 10th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Now I need a place to mount it, well I had an Onan Electric Plant in the forward compartment on the passenger side of the truck, and I sold it last year, so that a good place to start. Then I needed to get some straps built to hold it, done, install said straps.

6066gmcguy
October 10th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Next step is to install the tank and hook every thing up. Then just add fuel and Robert is you Dad's Brother.

6066gmcguy
October 27th, 2015, 02:20 AM
Took the Rescue Squad to another show Sunday, it was the Season of Sundays Choose Your Ride show. My first trip with the new fuel cell, worked great.

Had a lot of fun at the show too.

6066gmcguy
October 27th, 2015, 02:56 AM
On my way home from the show sunday I stopped by one of the newer eating places to check out their newly painted sign.

6066gmcguy
November 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM
Joust out for a drive in the GMC Rescue Squad & spotted this Rocket & Bomb on a dirt side road.

6066gmcguy
January 17th, 2016, 03:44 AM
The Rescue Squad has been sitting out in the Cold & Snow of winter, really need a nice shop to store it in.

6066gmcguy
January 17th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Cold Winter Start Up.

zsR6L5wznP0

6066gmcguy
March 13th, 2016, 06:25 AM
I had a Truck Club meeting today in Ogden Utah at Union Station, it was a nice day so I drove the Rescue Squad down to the Station.

6066gmcguy
April 1st, 2016, 03:20 AM
Good evening every one, here are a few photos of my Rescue Squad I took tonight after work. Enoy eh!