PDA

View Full Version : Newbie,

Quigley
April 18th, 2013, 02:21 AM
I just want say hello to all you forum members.Just finishing up a frame off on a 1966 C-1000 305E, Powerglide,308 rear factory power steering and brakes.Added vintage air and left mostly stock.I have been reading posts for a while now and want to thank every one for the info.Looking forward to participating in the future!

Funky61
April 18th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Sure looks great Quigley! That's a lot of work you did there.

Jachinator
April 19th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Nice, can you post some pics of the inside? Thanks in advance.

Quigley
April 19th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Waiting on instrument cluster at plastic chrome and working on door panels.

donrm
April 20th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Looks real nice. This is when you see all the long days & nights & what you end up with.
Member Don Maurath 1966 GMC Cinti. Ohio

Jachinator
April 20th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Thanks, look forward to seeing the completed interior!

63shortstep
May 6th, 2013, 03:52 PM
very nice truck. did you do an engine rebuild? if so, where did you find pars?

GVDobler
May 8th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Very nice indeed.

Does the Vintage Air come with a Heater built in? I notice a big space there.

Love that color. Is that a GM color?

Quigley
May 12th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Yes I did a complete overhaul on the motor.When we pulled it down it had 2 piston skirts scored but the rest of it was in very good shape with only 41000 actual miles on it.The cylinder walls cleaned up with a light hone. I found a full set of pistons&rings in Connecticut.I found a set of rod and main bearings in Indiana. Both places said they were their last ones.I picked up several NOS fuel pumps on E bay and a Nos water pump also.Gasket set came from Fel-Pro and most of the ignition parts came from a local GMC dealer that has been around for awhile. The rest was some machine work. Wish I could be more helpful but I had to scrounge a little here and there. To answer the question about vintage air,it does include heat. I got good reviews from people who had it,and have not tried mine yet. I will report back when I do. The paint is a PPG basecoat clearcoat copy of the original color of Terrace Blue. Thanks, Dave

Onuma
May 16th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Great looking truck! I love the color, and the bed wood looks fantastic.

Welcome, from another newbie :)

6066gmcguy
May 20th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Nice truck you have there Quigley, Welcome to t he 6066 GMC Truck Club.