BarryGMC
September 1st, 2013, 10:51 PM
Here is a shot of the 60

Funky61
September 2nd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Barry ....my neck... it's...ah...Here ya' go! NICE :lolflag:

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 02:34 AM
i dont know why its doing this i am using an ipad to take pictures and post.

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
Here is a picture underneath the 60. I can't seem to be able to post more than one pic. Guess what it is.

tommyduncan
September 2nd, 2013, 04:34 AM
Here is a picture underneath the 60. I can't seem to be able to post more than one pic. Guess what it is.
A transfer case!?

...what do I win?:lolflag:

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 05:23 AM
That's a Watson 2021. It's an old school overdrive, it's mounted where the carrier was.

tommyduncan
September 2nd, 2013, 05:30 AM
Nice! I've never seen or heard of one of those. What tranny are you running with it?

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Here is the 60 hiding amongst some of the stuff. It's a 305a with a hydramatic , power lock custom cab with a bid window. It's a factory Omaha orange truck, however I added the white to the top when i painted it .This truck has the least rust of any 60-66 I have ever owned. The floors rockers, everything is original. I added the Watson it's a 20 percent overdrive. I use the Watson as a range selector. Direct around town and od on the road. The speedo is corrected by an electric adjuster from a two ton with a two speed rear. This truck is actually the compilation of two 60's both Cali assembled. The body you see had a 350 with a t350 trans, and a horrible floor shift. The engine and trans are from a 60 I owned 27 years ago. The body was gone but the engine had about 60,000 miles. This truck is the one the ladies all want. Easy driving auto, ps,pb. The boy wants the jeeps, or the 72 k20 stuff. Btw every old rig has a power lock or Detroit no spin in its axles including the daily driver wrangler with a d44 and Detroit locker.

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 06:03 AM
I have no idea why some of the pics are upside down. Any ideas?

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Here is how it is shifted. Out is direct in is od. Switch to the far left is for the speedo adjuster. In for direct out for od.

tommyduncan
September 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Nice truck! I just picked up my 62 with PS/PB and a Hydramatic 4 speed auto and it is surprisingly easy to drive.

Those are some nice rides. You have a harem of vehicles... I have more of a kennel! I've always liked the Corvairs since I was first brought home from the hospital in a 65 when I was born.

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Here is another 62 corvair it's about ready to paint. I also love the old hydramatics my 58 cad has one.. These pics only show the ones that are being tinkered with. Except for the Plymouth I was just recharging the ac and had it there.

Funky61
September 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Barry, What rpms are you turning in overdrive at 65 and what rear ratio do you have?

BarryGMC
September 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
About 2300 rpm with 235-85-16 tires. Rear has the stock 4.10. This truck was a 4 speed truck originally. Hydramatic trucks come with higher gears from the factory. These autos are deep geared because they don't have a torque converter. It's very responsive for an old auto rig. It really goes through the gears fast its in 4 th by 30 in direct. I have considered 3.54 gears with the od but I don't really plan on much over the road driving with this truck. I have a couple of these and am considering putting one in the 65. It's a 4 speed rig that already has 3.54 gears. I also have a little Watson 39 that is a little 3 speed it's a little smaller than a 420 Muncie it has 50 percent under , direct, and 21 percent over. This will probably end up in a 4x4 between the trans/transfer case. Here are some old od boxes the long one is for a ford model t and the little one is for an old jeep

tommyduncan
September 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
I was just wondering what gears mine has when I read this. It is in 4th about as soon as yours. I took it on the freeway for a couple minutes and it was revving pretty high. I guess gears will be on my short list...