PDA

View Full Version : Information on New Windshield Glass for 1962 GMC Truck

Thomasbuilt
January 14th, 2014, 06:40 AM
I have a truck with the orginial windshield glass, I believe. My window seal has seen better days but does not leak water yet. I bought a new seal about a year ago and decided to wait and try to find a new windshield before paying someone who know how to replace it, I'm sure it will be a high price to do the job. It has the chrome trim in the seal also.
My current windshield has no cracks just slightly worn spots from the windshield wiper passing over the crub glass on both sides.
I have looked around and all I see is that greenish looking glass, I was wondering if someone still make clear front windshields?
I hope I have not open my mouth and inserted my foot:lolflag:, about he green glass windshields. Thats not factory is it?
Thanks for any information on this subject...

Thomasbuilt
January 14th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Sorry to bug you guys, I posted this in general being new to website without seeing a section for the glass question. Probably need to have this post deleted, because the one below answers all my questions. Looks like google hunting and swap meets to find a clear good windsheild. Or be happy with what I got and have the seal changed out. Thanks again.

FetchMeAPepsi
January 14th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Yeah another member just went through this and all they could find were Mexican sourced green windshields. You might be able to go to a glass shop and have one cut, but IDK how expensive that would be.

Mine has the wiper marks on it too. I'm going to try to buff them out this summer with some toothpaste and headlight polish. Maybe something stronger if it doesn't work.
Let me know if you run into something that works :goodluck:

dthela
January 15th, 2014, 05:13 AM
i called my local automotive glass shop for my 1962 burb, they came to house and installed the glass for $168 new glass included!!!!!!!! i supplied the gasket! well worth a call!

dthela
January 15th, 2014, 05:14 AM
by the way they were there the next morning!!!!!!!!!!!

fyrboy
January 16th, 2014, 05:54 AM
all they could find were Mexican sourced green windshields.
Anybody used 'em? Problems with 'em? Price?

dthela
January 16th, 2014, 03:17 PM
yeah i used them lolol. the glass was perfect and clear, not green.

gmc1963
March 10th, 2014, 02:36 PM
a&h auto glass makes glass in house for gmcs 1-866-766-2378

email: info@classictruckglass.com