PDA

View Full Version : Sheena and Ramona

66birdman
February 24th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Hey there everybody. These are my ongoing projects and daily drivers. Sheena is the 66 C15 with a 351E and Ramona is the 66 TBird, for when I need to hit highway speeds.

Foley
February 24th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Nice photos Birdman. Since were doin' GMC stuff, I appreciate you putting that 66 1500 out in it's natural, ranch style, habitate. Nice backdrop for the picture, and sure looks like a very straight truck to me, all detailed out in it's original work clothes. It goes without saying that running around in a 66 bird for your daily driver must be fun too.

66birdman
February 25th, 2014, 07:27 AM
The GMC it's definitely still pretty original and in very good shape for her age. Besides tires and a new wiring harness its all original as far as I know and the odometer is showing about 50k. I dont even think its rolled over. The tbird is also pretty original besides the tires and a paint job. She is sitting at about 70k now that I drive it all the time.

66birdman
February 25th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Oh and as for the backdrop in the GMC picture, that is pretty much my back yard. I'm pretty fortunate where I live. When it's not on fire that is

GMCDAC
February 27th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Hey there everybody. These are my ongoing projects and daily drivers. Sheena is the 66 C15 with a 351E and Ramona is the 66 TBird, for when I need to hit highway speeds.

Great looking rides, but one pic each is just teasing!

Nice photos Birdman. Since were doin' GMC stuff, I appreciate you putting that 66 1500 out in it's natural, ranch style, habitate. Nice backdrop for the picture, and sure looks like a very straight truck to me, all detailed out in it's original work clothes. It goes without saying that running around in a 66 bird for your daily driver must be fun too.

Hey BC! Yeah those kind of pics are great. Not another man made object in sight. Beautiful! If I took pics of my GMC's in their natural setting they would have to be in a scrapyard for a background!---LOL!

Oh and as for the backdrop in the GMC picture, that is pretty much my back yard. I'm pretty fortunate where I live. When it's not on fire that is

That does look like a great place to live, but you said in another thread you are moving to North Dakota? Whereabouts if I may ask?

DAC

66birdman
February 27th, 2014, 02:35 AM
I am moving back to the Minot area here in a few months. Not exactly the best place in the world but thats where my kid lives so I shall sacrafice. Dont get me wrong I love NoDak but its just not what it used to be anymore. If I am gonna pay LA cost of living I would rather it not be -60 outside

66birdman
February 27th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Oh and I will get some more pics up soon (ish). The truck is currently missing all of its interior because I am in the middle of a painless wiring install and the Tbird is also in parts getting new suspension, engine rebuild, brake system, interior....pretty much everything. Once they are whole again I will post more.

FetchMeAPepsi
February 28th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Great truck! That looks like a great place to ride around too. Cant wait to see more pics

and

:welcome: to the forum!

GMCDAC
March 5th, 2014, 02:57 AM
I am moving back to the Minot area here in a few months. Not exactly the best place in the world but thats where my kid lives so I shall sacrafice. Dont get me wrong I love NoDak but its just not what it used to be anymore. If I am gonna pay LA cost of living I would rather it not be -60 outside

Being closer to your kid is worth it all! Western SoDak historically is warmer than NoDak so I'm spoiled I guess--LOL! I hear you about the cost of living up here in the Dakotas which is usually combined with poor wages. With the oil development some folks are able to tap into some great pay to help get over the LA costs. I'm not one of them though. Probably should quit my job here and run up to ND for a couple years to pay off the house then things would be much easier.

Oh and I will get some more pics up soon (ish). The truck is currently missing all of its interior because I am in the middle of a painless wiring install and the Tbird is also in parts getting new suspension, engine rebuild, brake system, interior....pretty much everything. Once they are whole again I will post more.

More pics would be cool! You can post build and progress pics as you go with your wiring project or whatever else you are working on. It will be tough moving vehicles that are in a state of disassembly.

Later---DAC

66birdman
March 5th, 2014, 03:04 AM
If I were you I would go work up there in the Bakken for a week, drive home for a week....lots of folks do that and you can just crash in the truck that way

GMCDAC
March 6th, 2014, 01:12 AM
If I were you I would go work up there in the Bakken for a week, drive home for a week....lots of folks do that and you can just crash in the truck that way

Yeah if I was smart----and about 25 years younger, that would be the thing to do without hesitation!

DAC