PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of this bearing?

FetchMeAPepsi
May 16th, 2014, 05:43 PM
I'm trying to order parts for my hub rebuild but I have no idea what to order here. It's not a wheel bearing but it's a little tiny bearing that goes on the top of um...wheel housing?

Anyway, I need the bearing and everyone I talk to says "You want a what?" I might just end up taking the bearing down to Autozone and seeing if they can match it up with something else.

:takethat:

http://windypix.com/?dm=6OA3.jpg

BarryGMC
May 16th, 2014, 09:34 PM
clean those knuckle bearings up and post a closeup pic. I have rarely ever had to replace them. Get one of these books

FetchMeAPepsi
May 16th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Don't replace the knuckle bearings?
Got it!

Should I replace the other two bigger bearings and the brass sleeve or just do the seal and the o-rings?

BarryGMC
May 16th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Wheel bearings. Depends on the condition. Axle bushings I usually do. Especially since your knuckle was pretty dry. The beauty of a timken bearing is that it allows for adjustment as it wears . As long as the bearings have no big pits or scoring. Run them. Wheel bearings on a truck really never turn faster than 1000 rpm. The knuckle bearings ate pre loaded with those shims under the bearing caps. Post some pics of the bearings after you clean them.