View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:00 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

The second lights were connected with a different plug than the first one. It looked like a simple socket so I pulled and worked it back and forth until it popped out. Then I wondered if I broke it. I might end up re-wiring this light.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I looked at the wire track now, wondering how I'd get this fat plug through the hole in the bed side.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I followed them to here. It seems there's a junction block of sorts, at least on my truck, under the rail near the bumper.

The top light plugged in here, the bottom next to it here.

Before pulling it through I checked the routing. It wasn't exactly elegant. I went ahead and pulled it through and set it aside.

Back on the bottom light plug I pushed it through a little to see what was in the socket-like cover. It didn't look broken.

The light it plugged into was made differently inside, just slightly. I was able to remove a leveraged piece of wire to get the white part of the light removed entirely.

All of the cans got the rubdown with a scotchbrite style paint removal pad. I seem to have lost my wire wheel somewhere. The Raid can is because a couple flies kept dive bombing me. This flying insect killer puts them down NOW. It's good stuff. Oh, and I'm getting fat. Hmm.

Painted can with nuts etc. I didn't paint the threads lol.

Oddly the only wire connected to the bottom light was this one. The other side just wrapped around the frame, unused.

I forgot to mention I slapped a label on each light so I knew where they went afterward.

The passenger side routing is at least clipped in two places.

Top passenger side light plugged here.

The other wire was just wrapped around a support and hanging loose.

The bottom pass side plugged here and here.

Even the clips get polished and painted. They'll see dirt so they get bedliner.

The workspace.

A shot of the paint. Next I remove the bumper.