6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   pull and save deals. (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48369)

Hantke September 12th, 2014 01:09 AM

Re: pull and save deals.

wow, thats crazy! i get they gotta make money, but still!

RustyNut September 12th, 2014 02:03 AM

Mtn Dew Sand Rail???????

I think I might have a buyer or my 78 GMC. If so I might be interested. I used to drive a rail as a "daily driver" for about 10 years and enjoyed the **** out of it. What are you asking?

RustyNut

Hantke September 12th, 2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyNut (Post 54652)
Mtn Dew Sand Rail???????

I think I might have a buyer or my 78 GMC. If so I might be interested. I used to drive a rail as a "daily driver" for about 10 years and enjoyed the **** out of it. What are you asking?

RustyNut

Not sure yet, I havent even seen it! :lolsmack2: they should email us with the make / model of it soon, then it will arrive (supposedly) tuesday, just gotta jack it up and add the wheels (they ship them separate) and it's good to go. I'll post as i get info.
Mtn Dew raffled it off, comes with a $250 gift certificate for gear and lessons.

BarryGMC September 12th, 2014 04:01 AM

Hijack away. Really I want to start a discussion about scrounging parts. This stuff is getting shredded and shipped. I grab all I can. Plus the GMC stuff will never probably be reproduced. Do I need 5 60-61 GMC hoods. Nope. Actually I really don't need much of it. But someday some kid rebuilding his great grandads GMC may need one. And I will give to him. Just like a long gone gent did with me 30 years ago. I needed a 37 Chevy truck hood emblem. Had no money. He gave me a whole hood. I still have that hood. Minus one emblem. It hangs on a wall. I still thank him on occasion. Barry

Clarke September 12th, 2014 04:19 AM

Hello Barry,

Speaking of hoods... I still need a front left-hand turn signal socket/harness. Mine doesn't work most of the time because a portion of the plastic socket and one of the metal grounding spades is gone.

BarryGMC September 12th, 2014 04:24 AM

Clark I just grabbed another. I will get one to you. Barry

Hantke September 12th, 2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryGMC (Post 54659)
Hijack away. Really I want to start a discussion about scrounging parts. This stuff is getting shredded and shipped. I grab all I can. Plus the GMC stuff will never probably be reproduced. Do I need 5 60-61 GMC hoods. Nope. Actually I really don't need much of it. But someday some kid rebuilding his great grandads GMC may need one. And I will give to him. Just like a long gone gent did with me 30 years ago. I needed a 37 Chevy truck hood emblem. Had no money. He gave me a whole hood. I still have that hood. Minus one emblem. It hangs on a wall. I still thank him on occasion. Barry

:threadjacked::threadjacked::threadjacked:

I'm sorry, I'm a little ADHD at times, a man gave me a part for my motorcycle for free at one point, all he asked was that i share my knowledge with the community freely. I always planned to repay him, but he was hit and killed in a turn lane by some old lady who couldn't hardly see the road and was going way to fast over the speed limit. Since then I've realized it's not always about money, but sometimes just helping someone else out.

I'll see what I find, I'm a horrible pack rat anyways, but i just moved and I'm getting a new shed, so i'm sure i can try and accumulate some smaller things as needed.

Foley September 12th, 2014 09:34 PM

Random acts of kindness. It's not always about the money. Pass on your knowledge. Pass on your parts to those who are sincere and worthy.

Foley

Hantke September 12th, 2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foley (Post 54674)
Random acts of kindness. It's not always about the money. Pass on your knowledge. Pass on your parts to those who are sincere and worthy.

Foley

I should print this on to business cards and attach it to every thing i can find. truer words have not been spoken

MHoyt1964 September 16th, 2014 04:18 PM

Hi Barry, this is a bit off subject but since my job is being shipped off to Mexico and i was out your neck of the woods to visit my brother i found auto mecca in your area. Long story short i bought land in Sandpoint and plan to move once the dust settles. I would be interested in meeting you once i get there if that is acceptable to you. Don't know quite yet when this will happen but it is going to happen. My 64 came from Spokane, from a guy who bought it from a farmer. and yes there is very little left in the yards here in Penna. however i have seen a handful of BBV-6 come thru the yard i pick from.
Thanks Mark