6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Yahoo Groups Alternative (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47283)

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 10:12 PM

Re: Yahoo Groups Alternative

Chris,

Do you mean an 'other rides/projects' section?

I'm sure we can do that if enough members are interested.

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:21 PM

I would be interested in an "Other Rides" section of the forum. I personally have other classic cars that people in the group might find interesting, but aren't 60-66 GMCs. On that same note, I would be interested to read what other GMCers are wrenching on(as long as it is classic, not something modern, as there are plenty of forums for projects like that). I have a 1937 Studebaker Dictator with a big 6, just a different kind of big 6, it is a flathead I-6 out of a 1959 White Super Mustang(big rig). I also have a 1968 Impala Sport Coupe with a 496ci Big Block Chevy(snore), but it will be receiving a custom chassis and a Detroit Diesel V8(8v71) when I have the work space to bring my projects up here from Texas. I'm a "Hot Wheels" style of hot rodder, in the sense that I like disproportionately large engines in my classics.

David Chadwell
Redmond, WA (was San Antonio, TX)

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:22 PM

Sure, that works, Jeannie. I'm not suggesting a change in the character of the group, just a bit of horizon broadening...

Chris in NY

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:29 PM

I use both formats.
So I will go with the flow.

I have the Yahoo. mail handled on my end.
I've had a Yahoo email account for quite a few years.

I set up a "filter" on my Outlook email account that files the GMC messages in a separate folder.

My old neighborhood has been using Yahoo as a group email account for about 10 years.
Get about 25 a day from that, prompted me to set up the filters for them.

Jesse W Walter
Millsboro, DE 19966

64 GMC 3/4 Ton Fire Truck

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:29 PM

I agree. I love the group but I have a 66 gmc w/ an inline 6.

Ron Boyter
Marietta, Ga

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:33 PM

Personally I'd like to get a vintage Studebaker too for fun so I guess that makes what, 5 of us?

I've added an "Other Projects" section here:

http://6066gmcclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:51 PM

I think that is an awesome idea Jeannie. Think about it, even if our trucks are not powered by the V-6, they still are basically the trucks we all love, the 60-66's!!! And as I have found, there are people out there with the parts
we all need for our trucks.
Dave Dewey/classikknut

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:52 PM

As with the other two gentleman, my truck does not meet stated bylaws. I have a 66 GMC 1500 3/4 ton. It has a 83 305 v-8. I have not become a "member" of this group since I feel "ostracized" due to my truck not meeting the requirements/bylaws of the group. I have found some of the info posted on this site interesting and useful. Also have obtained parts from members. I do plan on becomming a member, pay my $25 and all that. I think that the proposed forum as is being dicussed. For what it is worth.
Classicknut
Oceanside, California

Towtruckguy January 21st, 2013 11:52 PM

yes please move and i also vote other rides as well

Jeannie January 21st, 2013 11:54 PM

All,

I hate to be the "fly in the ointment". But this group was started to "preserve" the V6/V8/V12 group of Big Block GMC engines, and their respective applications. I am not in favor of including the Chev I6. Nothing against it, if I am not correct there are already several Chev 6 groups. Sorry, but I think we need to keep this to Big Block GMC applications.

Rick Rusconi
Elk grove, Kalif