6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47298)

Funky61 September 8th, 2013 05:09 PM

Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Congratulations Jolly!

tommyduncan September 8th, 2013 07:05 PM

Seeing this makes me smile.:goodjob:

I don't know you or pretend to but your passion for these vehicles is obvious. This rig (in my mind anyways) is synonymous with the person I envision when I read your posts and I couldn't imagine anyone else owning this or you without it.
Not to diminish your truck but if this makes you happy people should be happy for you!

...and thank you for all the information you have provided on your site. Honestly, all I've ever read on the hotrod type sites was that these V6s are boat anchors. I was fully intending to hack up the 62 I just bought but the info I have gleaned on here convinced me to give the V6 a chance.

So if it means anything to you, you saved another one!
:yourock: Thank you!:yourock:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

6066gmcguy February 15th, 2014 03:52 PM

Well yesterday after work I fired up the Rescue Squad and moved it, but ended up stuck in the mud!!!! Here is a video before I moved it.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

FetchMeAPepsi February 16th, 2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 52227)
Well yesterday after work I fired up the Rescue Squad and moved it, but ended up stuck in the mud!!!! Here is a video before I moved it.

Jolly IDK if you know it but you can put the video name in YOUTUBE quotes and itll work on most any forum. Im still waiting to hear back from Jeannie on a practice forum. Heres yours though. It looks great! Does the siren run on it? I'd like to see one with the siren running too if it does and its legal to run it at the house.

src="https://

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

6066gmcguy February 17th, 2014 01:42 AM

I'll have to set the camera up and run the siren for ya, not sure if its legal or not but its still on there and it works.

Did I mention that I got stuck in my yard?

Spun out tryin' to get around the house on the little bit of incline, then got dug in tryin' to get a run at it. had to go get a tractor to pull it out, and you can see just how soft the yard still is from all the snow & rain we had.

This how much the front tire sunk in in one day.

6066gmcguy February 17th, 2014 10:55 PM

New Video with all he Siren Sounds....

6066gmcguy February 18th, 2014 01:53 AM

Thank You.

Cayoterun February 18th, 2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 52256)
Thank You.

Very nice! A keeper for sure. Thanks, Jolly, for your dedicated contributions to the hobby.

6066gmcguy February 19th, 2014 02:56 AM

Well I was just on Google Maps Street view & see they came by my place June of 2013. I know this because when I look across the street I can see myself wroking on a car in my Father-in-laws shop, and that was last June.

FetchMeAPepsi February 20th, 2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 52252)
New Video with all he Siren Sounds....

Now that was WAYYY cool! :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks for the grin! I had to call the Powder Puff in and let her see it too. She said, "That's awesome!" :lolflag:

You sure got a great bus!