6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   new guy here in oregon (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50721)

joedirt October 14th, 2019 10:26 PM

new guy here in oregon

5 Attachment(s)
just picked up this 64 gmc swb with chevy grill and tailgate...the build appears to be early 90's build with old school wheels, interior is pretty outdated and beat up, but the body is in grate shape...has a 383 stroker with turbo 400 and 12 bolt posi 373's

plans are to re-do all the interior and replace all the old build stuff...

Funky61 October 15th, 2019 12:26 AM

Re: new guy here in oregon

Welcome to the Forum JD! :coolphotos:

Ed Snyder October 15th, 2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedirt (Post 71535)
just picked up this 64 gmc swb with chevy grill and tailgate...the build appears to be early 90's build with old school wheels, interior is pretty outdated and beat up, but the body is in grate shape...has a 383 stroker with turbo 400 and 12 bolt posi 373's

plans are to re-do all the interior and replace all the old build stuff...

My wife and I just spent the last three days in the Portland area visiting our son and granddaughter. Next time we come up maybe we can get together. Our forum here has had members from the Portland area before, but don't know if they're still active members. If you're ever down this way, let me know.

Nice looking truck! Too bad the original V6 is gone. Most of us are big fans of the old V6. Hopefully you can find a GMC grill and tailgate for it. And maybe even a V6 someday!

joedirt October 15th, 2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 71537)
My wife and I just spent the last three days in the Portland area visiting our son and granddaughter. Next time we come up maybe we can get together. Our forum here has had members from the Portland area before, but don't know if they're still active members. If you're ever down this way, let me know.

Nice looking truck! Too bad the original V6 is gone. Most of us are big fans of the old V6. Hopefully you can find a GMC grill and tailgate for it. And maybe even a V6 someday!

According to the vin decoder this truck was originally an inline six, I cant figure out what it had for a trans tho...no holes in the center hump and nothing on the column, also no clutch pedal, dosent look like there ever was

I hardly ever make it down to your neck of the woods, but if you come to portland again I'm definitely down for a beer and conversation

fourhundredorbust December 6th, 2019 05:59 AM

Welcome, I'm just up the road in Battle Ground/Ridgefield area.

tbucketnut December 6th, 2019 01:30 PM

Welcome, I'm not far up the road either in Gig Harbor.

joedirt January 7th, 2020 08:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
more pictures of the 64 just because

tbucketnut January 7th, 2020 10:59 PM

I see you have a IAFF sticker, 32 years in the force here in Tacoma-retired in 2011.
Have you thought about a finding a nice chromed out GMC grill and a tailgate to go with? Would look killer IMHO, then put some sleeper V6 emblems on the hood and have a little fun with some people.

BillT January 8th, 2020 12:01 AM

Beautiful truck.

Nice paint.

But if you ever go back to all GMC, you will also need a Hood to make it complete.

Some real nice Chevy parts there though.

joedirt January 8th, 2020 02:49 PM

I would love to have it back to full GMC specs, but it would cost way to much to change it all over and perfect grills are too hard to find anymore