6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47298)

6066gmcguy January 31st, 2013 08:49 AM

Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Some time when buy an old truck you will find it has Electrical Demons, even on a truck that looks this nice. you see some of the lights didn't work, and there was two radio system that had been partly removed.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

For starters, thi si sthe mess I found under the dash, most of thes wires are "Extra" that got left behind after there useful lives had ended. any wire I found under the dash the had nothing hooked to it got check for either power of ground, and none was found it got removed. with with power on them also got removed. wires showing ground got tested to see what the operated, some were just grounded out on the other end.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

This is just some of the extra wiring removed, I had a big box full of unused wire by the time I had finshed.

This is how things looked under the dash when i got done. every wire has a job and there are no extras just hanging around.

6066gmcguy February 10th, 2013 06:07 PM

The inside of the "Aid Station" is about the same size as a side in camper, and I'm thinking with vary little work one could build a place to sleep onboard.

The back doors even have windows you can roll down for added vetalation.

6066gmcguy February 10th, 2013 06:11 PM

There is lots of Outside storage space in the outter compartments, with one containing the Generator and another a big power cord on a reel.

6066gmcguy February 10th, 2013 06:18 PM

There is some storage inside with these cabinets up on the walls on each side.

and these at the rear of the air station.

There is also a cabinet over in the space over the cab, it had Radio equimpent in it that will be removed.

The truck came fully equiped with all the trash you see inside.

6066gmcguy February 18th, 2013 07:33 PM

I just got the word that My truck will be on the back cover of the SPAAMFAA's Magazine, Enjine!~Enjine! comeing out mid March.

SPAAMFAA = SOCIETY for the PRESERVATION & APPRECIATION of ANTIQUE MOTOR FIRE APPARATUS in AMERICA

Cayoterun February 25th, 2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 47972)
I just got the word that My truck will be on the back cover of the SPAAMFAA's Magazine, Enjine!~Enjine! comeing out mid March.

SPAAMFAA = SOCIETY for the PRESERVATION & APPRECIATION of ANTIQUE MOTOR FIRE APPARATUS in AMERICA

Good news, Jolly:
That's a sharp truck and have been following since you got it.
Would like to see it in person sometime.
It deserves to be there, imo.

6066gmcguy March 10th, 2013 06:32 AM

Well Spring is in the Air, I got the Old Fordson Power Major up and running, and my Father-In-law has been driving it around the farm....

I figuered it was a good time to get the Rescue Squad out and air up the tires, they have looked low from the time it arrived in Utah last summer.

The front tires & outside rears all had 32psi, kinda low of a truck this size, the manaul saids 65 should be the high end, I pumed them up to 70psi. The inner duals, both of them, had only 10 psi, I wonder if they just never checked them.

Cayoterun March 10th, 2013 09:52 PM

Good to see the "old gray", uuhh, blue horses back for spring work.

6066gmcguy March 31st, 2013 02:38 PM

Took the Rescue Squad for a short ride yesterday.

Ended up parking it out front of the house.

6066gmcguy April 2nd, 2013 04:26 AM

Parked near the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Brigham City Temple.