6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Exterior, Bodywork, Paint and Glass (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GMC Suburban body panels (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47874)

Strud November 6th, 2013 11:42 PM

GMC Suburban body panels

I have a 66 suburban that has a great frame/drive train but the body is in rough shape. Lots of good old fashion Minnesota rust. Does anyone know where I can get rocker panels, and are the fenders/inner fenders the same as the pickups?

After my 66 pickup is done, I am going to work on the suburban.

Thanks. Got me thinking about it seeing the posts on the suburban in Rapid City.

Strud

GMCDAC November 7th, 2013 12:29 AM

Re: GMC Suburban body panels

There is a Chevy Suburban of this era at the junkyard I go to in Rapid City. I might go out there this weekend again, and could look at the condition of the rockers. It sure seems likely to me that GMC pickup front clip parts should fit fine on a Sub.

Go down to the "Junkyard GMC's" thread on this general discussion forum to look at the 60-66 GMC pickup pictures.

Later---DAC

Strud November 7th, 2013 01:13 AM

that would be awesome. no hurry. I finally posted pics of my suburban on the album section titled Struds 66 Suburban.

Strud

GMCDAC November 9th, 2013 03:57 AM

Hi Scott, I have some other things that came up for tomorrow, and the yard will be closed Sunday and Monday for observance of Veteran's day so it will be at least a week yet before I can get back out there.

Later---DAC

Doug Crawford
Rapid City, SD

donrm November 9th, 2013 04:16 AM

I am 99% sure the front doghouse of a suburban is the same as a pick up doghouse. I am pretty sure the rockers will work as well. donrm cinti oh 351 E 1966 gmc fletside

Strud November 10th, 2013 01:58 AM

Thanks. Like I said no hurry. When
Ever it fits your schedule. These projects are very patient.
Especially mine..... :0)

GMCDAC November 14th, 2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strud (Post 50999)
Thanks. Like I said no hurry. When
Ever it fits your schedule. These projects are very patient.
Especially mine..... :0)

Yeah Strud, yours and my projects have patience in common!-LOL The weather sounds half ways decent for Saturday so it may be a good day to go out there.

Later---DAC

Foley November 14th, 2013 04:34 AM

ok. help me out here. What is a "front doghouse"?

Funky61 November 14th, 2013 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Foley Re: GMC Suburban body panels

ok. help me out here. What is a "front doghouse"?

Hey Foley,
It's when you take the front clip off and have a place for Woofers to hang out in till your ready to reassemble. :lolflag:

Foley November 14th, 2013 02:22 PM

O.K., yup, got it now. Umm tks.