6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers 2016 (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49461)

RustyNut June 26th, 2016 05:19 AM

Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers 2016

OK, I will be the first to admit I miss the old format. I'm not that computer savvy. I am going to attempt to re-post something I sent out over 3 years ago:

Since I joined the group (10+?) years ago I have always promoted the idea of all members to try and organize "Mini-Meets". I have hosted/promoted a couple & attended quite a few. There is no better excuse to travel & meet new folks! And the good thing is the folks you meet all have one good thing in common..... They love these trucks!!!!!

I can honestly say that the 20 or 30 members I have met at these meets all seem to be "Good People". Over the years a few of these folks I have met have turned into what I consider real friends.

I hope everyone here thinks about trying to promote/organize a "Mini-Meet" in your area. Throw the idea out there and see what happens. Might be 2 or 3 folks, might get 6 or 10, may be the blow-out extravaganza of the century (Highly doubtful, but hey who knows).

Anyone up to try and get folks together? If so, when and where?

Charon June 26th, 2016 05:21 AM

Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers 2016

Spokane Washington. Most any time. I will make it a parts sale.

bobdylan June 26th, 2016 03:11 PM

If we have any members in the midwest, there is a great car show in Ottowa Ks. Sept 17th and 18th. Marais river run. Last year there were 1700 cars, it is held in a huge tree covered park, Ottowa has a very long historic main street, and is only open to Classic cars on the 18th. Would be fun to get a group together in one spot in the park. Bob

TJ's GMC June 26th, 2016 03:54 PM

Ed Snyder and I will be at the Fabulous 50's show.

Ed Snyder June 27th, 2016 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 62503)
Ed Snyder and I will be at the Fabulous 50's show.

Tom is talking about Grants Pass's big annual show-n-shine in the park. It's on July 30th this year. See http://www.roguevalleyclassicchevys....mplete2016.PDF
Tom's about 30 miles south of Grants Pass. I'm about 30 miles east of Grants Pass. We're going to meet up before the show so we can park together.

Ed Snyder June 27th, 2016 01:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyNut (Post 62496)

Since I joined the group (10+?) years ago I have always promoted the idea of all members to try and organize "Mini-Meets". I have hosted/promoted a couple & attended quite a few. There is no better excuse to travel & meet new folks! And the good thing is the folks you meet all have one good thing in common..... They love these trucks!!!!!

I can honestly say that the 20 or 30 members I have met at these meets all seem to be "Good People". Over the years a few of these folks I have met have turned into what I consider real friends.

I hope everyone here thinks about trying to promote/organize a "Mini-Meet" in your area. Throw the idea out there and see what happens. Might be 2 or 3 folks, might get 6 or 10, may be the blow-out extravaganza of the century (Highly doubtful, but hey who knows).

Anyone up to try and get folks together? If so, when and where?

Hey Dave --

I love these mini-meets too. I'd be interested in hosting another one next year. I'm still busy this year with getting our new house and garage set up. Here are a few photos from the last mini-meet I put together in September, 2009. Left to right in the group photo are Dave Schlager (aka RustyNut), Dale from Myrtle Creek, Rick Rusconi, me, Arthur Throckmorton, and Pete Chronis (aka bigblockV6). I don't remember Dale's last name, and don't know if he's still a forum member or not. We're standing in front of Dale's '61. Also pictured is Rick's 401 powered '62.

TJ's GMC June 27th, 2016 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 62505)
Tom is talking about Grants Pass's big annual show-n-shine in the park. It's on July 30th this year. See http://www.roguevalleyclassicchevys....mplete2016.PDF
Tom's about 30 miles south of Grants Pass. I'm about 30 miles east of Grants Pass. We're going to meet up before the show so we can park together.

Looking forward to that Ed! Sending my registration in Monday as Southern Oregon Chevy/GMC trucks. They should automatically park us two together if we register as a part of a club. I'll be calling my friends Bruce and John tomorrow to let them know about sending in an early registration so we can have a group of 4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 62506)
Hey Dave --

I love these mini-meets too. I'd be interested in hosting another one next year. I'm still busy this year with getting our new house and garage set up. Here are a few photos from the last mini-meet I put together in September, 2009. Left to right in the group photo are Dave Schlager (aka RustyNut), Dale from Myrtle Creek, Rick Rusconi, me, Arthur Throckmorton, and Pete Chronis (aka bigblockV6). I don't remember Dale's last name, and don't know if he's still a forum member or not. We're standing in front of Dale's '61. Also pictured is Rick's 401 powered '62.

That's awesome Ed! Maybe one of these days we can do a small meet up. :thumbsup:

6066gmcguy June 28th, 2016 03:18 AM

10 Attachment(s)
That Jolly Guy who use to be the 6066 GMC Guy has been doing a show yearly now for the past two years, and will be doing it again this year on Aug 20th. Its called Howin' at the Moon and is open to ALL trucks.

Here are some pics from last year.

TJ's GMC June 29th, 2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 62519)
That Jolly Guy who use to be the 6066 GMC Guy has been doing a show yearly now for the past two years, and will be doing it again this year on Aug 20th. Its called Howin' at the Moon and is open to ALL trucks.

Here are some pics from last year.

Looked like a lot of fun!

furtrader June 29th, 2016 11:39 PM

Hi Guys, I am a long time (since 99) lurker, almost first time poster- I posted a couple things back in 2000-01. It seemed easier then. I cant even figure out how to introduce myself- it requires 10 posts to start a new thread... Any wisdom, or should I just hijack this thread with an intro? Thanks, Ed