6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   One Ton Suburban (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48275)

GMCDAC June 8th, 2019 02:49 AM

Re: One Ton Suburban

That is so cool to read this in your Dad's own words. Do you still have the tie clip? I've said it before that this truck has to be the best family and vehicle history ever and still think so.

Hope all is well.

DAC

Ed Snyder June 12th, 2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 71117)
That is so cool to read this in your Dad's own words. Do you still have the tie clip? I've said it before that this truck has to be the best family and vehicle history ever and still think so.

Hope all is well.

DAC

Dad still has the tie clip according to my sister who lives near Mom and Dad in Wichita, Doug. I'm hoping he'll pass it on to me.

Thanks for the kind words!

GMCDAC June 15th, 2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 71126)
Dad still has the tie clip according to my sister who lives near Mom and Dad in Wichita, Doug. I'm hoping he'll pass it on to me.

Thanks for the kind words!

You're welcome Ed. I'm glad they are still doing well! I'm sure he knows it belongs with the truck. I can't blame him for hanging on to that little piece of recognition he got for submitting such a cool story.

DAC

Ed Snyder June 18th, 2019 12:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 71135)
You're welcome Ed. I'm glad they are still doing well! I'm sure he knows it belongs with the truck. I can't blame him for hanging on to that little piece of recognition he got for submitting such a cool story.

DAC

I got a surprise in the mail from my sister today, Doug. She was able to convince Dad to pass ownership of the Golden Hammer award on to me. Here's what she wrote:

"Dad asked me to send you his prized Golden Hammer. It shows signs of wear because he used to wear it as a tie clip to work. No doubt he told the story to many co-workers. I hope you enjoy it as much as he did."

Dad worked as a systems engineer for the military division of Boeing in Wichita for 41 years before he retired in 1989.

GMCDAC June 18th, 2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 71162)
I got a surprise in the mail from my sister today, Doug. She was able to convince Dad to pass ownership of the Golden Hammer award on to me. Here's what she wrote:

"Dad asked me to send you his prized Golden Hammer. It shows signs of wear because he used to wear it as a tie clip to work. No doubt he told the story to many co-workers. I hope you enjoy it as much as he did."

Dad worked as a systems engineer for the military division of Boeing in Wichita for 41 years before he retired in 1989.

Something like that should have been worn proudly I'd say! The wear just adds to the history of the truck's story.

If I would have been awarded that little prize, I may have taken up wearing a tie!

Good for you to get another piece of the history!

DAC

tbucketnut April 2nd, 2020 02:14 PM

Thanks for posting up the thread Ed, I would of never found it. Great read, huge people mover for sure.
It looks like in one of your pictures, I spied a pair of ballast resistors, you running them in parallel for better ignition??
Steve

Ed Snyder January 4th, 2021 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbucketnut (Post 72315)
Thanks for posting up the thread Ed, I would of never found it. Great read, huge people mover for sure.
It looks like in one of your pictures, I spied a pair of ballast resistors, you running them in parallel for better ignition??
Steve

Sorry I missed this when you first posted it, Steve. Dad actually installed a second ignition coil too. One is conventional, the other for a transistorized system. He liked to have redundancy.

By the way, Dad passed away October 24th at age 95. He would have been 96 on Pearl Harbor Day. You can see his photo with Mom near the top of page 2 of this thread.

Funky61 January 5th, 2021 04:06 AM

Ed,
My condolences, prayers and thoughts to you and family for his passing. May your Father rest in peace. Henry

BobBray January 6th, 2021 06:48 AM

Sorry to hear Ed. My prayers and condolences to you and your family as well.

Clarke January 7th, 2021 12:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad Ed...

I enjoyed the visit I had with him several years ago. I remember him commenting about the familiar shifting/clicking sounds of the transmission when I took you guys for a ride in my ‘62.