6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Member (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49956)

gmcdan1963 April 20th, 2017 02:58 AM

Hi All,
As stated, I'm a new member. My name is Daniel. I must admit I have both GMC & Chevy classic vehicles and love them all. Also, I did join this site mainly for the GMC parts info and knowledge of other members.

I'm helping a friend's 16 year old son (Justin) build a 65' 3/4 ton wide-side. The tuck had belonged to a mutual friend that passed in a motorcycle accident, and has sentimental value. We both want to keep it on the road.

As such, I am here for info to help Justin as the build goes, and I went half's on a parts truck with him. So technically I own 1/2 of a 1963 3/4 ton wide-side, that's unfortunately never going to see the road again.

I do own an all original '59 GMC 1/2 ton short bed fender-side, a '64 Chevy factory K10 short bed fleetside, a '59 Chevy 3/4 ton long bed fleetside, and '55 &'57 Chevy 4 door station wagons.
All at various stages of building.

I was have intentions on installing the '63 Dana 60 posi rear end, into the '59 Chevy fleetside to improve the highway RPMs. There has been alot of info on here to help with learning about the GMC Dana 60 etc.

I also have some extra parts that I'm hoping to sell from the parts truck to help fund the build of Justin's truck. He works part time at a local pizza factory and has some cash, but as everyone knows it takes money to build any vehicle, and the more unique it is the harder and more expensive parts are. (the turn signals for my '59 are around a grand on ebay for NOS)

I have listed a few parts on ebay, but haven't done that in awhile, and was taken back at the fees and fees on shipping costs collected.
As a result I would like to list some stuff in the marketplace as I find free time. I noticed the username of a current member bought a carb with the fuel and vacuum lines, from me on ebay this last weekend. After all the fees, I could have sold it directly to him on here for a few bucks cheaper.

I don't have any GMC specific info to help others at this time, but I do know the 60-66 trucks pretty well.
Anyway, I've already read tons of posts and learned a lot. I'm not currently looking for specific info at this time, just wanted to introduce myself.

Daniel

TJ's GMC April 21st, 2017 05:48 AM

Re: New Member

Hi and Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place for info, lot's of great members here. Hope we're able to help with any questions you have and I hope you'll post some pictures cause we Love pictures. haha :ok:

GTS61 April 21st, 2017 08:43 PM

Re: New Member

Welcome Daniel! You sure did pick the right site. I've only been on here a couple of years and have found some hard to find parts. It's a great site with a lot of knowledge. Good luck for you and Justin.