6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   West Coast Mini-Meet (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49835)

Ed Snyder January 9th, 2017 06:30 AM

West Coast Mini-Meet

"Plan a Mini-Meet..... Gives me a reason to travel....Rusty"

Well, if Rusty wants to travel, I guess we should try to plan another mini-meet. Our previous West Coast mini-meets have been pretty successful, so maybe we can do it again.

Previous West Coast mini-meets have been at Rick Rusconi's house in Elk Grove (just south of Sacramento, CA), at Bob Cochran's in Redding, CA, at the Antique Powerland just north of Salem, OR http://antiquepowerland.com/heritage-museums/, and here in Medford in 2009. The last one was almost 3 years ago at Bob's in Redding.

As long as we can get enough folks to commit to attending one somewhere between Portland, OR, and Sacramento, I'll definitely be there. Anybody out there want to propose a location? Hopefully we can get something going for this coming summer. It's not too early to start planning!

TJ's GMC January 9th, 2017 07:07 PM

Re: West Coast Mini-Meet

I'm in, course ya'all know me....I'd be voting my place or somewhere's in Grants Pass or Medford so I could drive the 64 to the meet. :teehee:

6066gmcguy January 12th, 2017 06:37 AM

Being I statred a new job again this year, no time off for me for travelin', I'll be doing my yearly meet this summer some time here in Utah, if it stops Snowin' on us.

Ed Snyder January 14th, 2017 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=6066gmcguy;65913]Being I statred a new job again this year, no time off for me for travelin'. QUOTE]

What's your new job, Jolly? Last I heard you were working as a mechanic at a small shop not too far from where you live.

Ed Snyder March 25th, 2017 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 65847)
"Plan a Mini-Meet..... Gives me a reason to travel....Rusty"

Well, if Rusty wants to travel, I guess we should try to plan another mini-meet. Our previous West Coast mini-meets have been pretty successful, so maybe we can do it again.

Previous West Coast mini-meets have been at Rick Rusconi's house in Elk Grove (just south of Sacramento, CA), at Bob Cochran's in Redding, CA, at the Antique Powerland just north of Salem, OR http://antiquepowerland.com/heritage-museums/, and here in Medford in 2009. The last one was almost 3 years ago at Bob's in Redding.

As long as we can get enough folks to commit to attending one somewhere between Portland, OR, and Sacramento, I'll definitely be there. Anybody out there want to propose a location? Hopefully we can get something going for this coming summer. It's not too early to start planning!

Haven't seen any response other than from TJ so far. Is anybody else interested in a West Coast mini-meet?

WE7X March 25th, 2017 07:06 AM

Depending upon dates (ie; family conflicts) I could be interested in something probably no farther south than southern Oregon. I guess that could be chalked up to a 'definite maybe' response.
Either way, I will offer up five of the Custom HEI Distributer/Bushing spacer kits for sale/raffle items. These are the bushings that were designed by Ed Erlbacher about 12 years ago, listed on the "ignition"web site, and manufactured per his drawings, with his permission.
I have produced over 100 of these bushings in several batches over the years.

Rod Johnson
Issaquah, WA.

65barnfind April 24th, 2017 12:30 AM

I'm new here guys but I would like to meet up and check out some rides and talk. I just got my 65 so I don't know how road ready its going to be until I get a chance to dig in to it. I'm around Oregon City..

Ed Snyder April 24th, 2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65barnfind (Post 66862)
I'm new here guys but I would like to meet up and check out some rides and talk. I just got my 65 so I don't know how road ready its going to be until I get a chance to dig in to it. I'm around Oregon City..

Since you're a lot closer to Brooks than I am, maybe you could find out the particulars of having a meet at the Antique Powerland again. That would be a better location for Rod than southern Oregon. TJ -- you could ride up to Brooks with me. If Rusty's going to fly out, flying from St. Louis to Portland's probably cheaper than flying to Medford.

TJ's GMC April 24th, 2017 04:50 PM

Sounds good Ed, I'd love to drive Crustine.....but that far is a bit of a stretch at 50 mph the whole way. haha Buddy of mine in Salem who happens to be a huge v6 enthusiast is a volunteer at Powerland!

65barnfind April 24th, 2017 05:56 PM

That's awesome! How many people show up to these meets? Is I huge deal or like a 5-10 guy event?