6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48103)

ToolinAndSpoolin April 24th, 2018 09:08 PM

Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Thumbnails look good. I'm New to the forum so with this post I will be able to view all the photos!

aphaynes August 2nd, 2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OdieTN (Post 68796)
Hey Aphaynes - awesome thread. I binge read 4 yrs worth of posts the other night on my phone until my eyes hurt!. I learned a lot from your thread. Awesome truck and congrats on the awards!

:ahhhh: Glad it helped. Everything I've learned is from other's threads on here. Great place for GMC owners. :rowdybeer:

aphaynes August 2nd, 2018 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I had planned on painting my GMC V6 badges for the last few years, but never have. However, my friends at Stateline Powder Coating just hooked me up with this tri-color powder coating finishing. Should be very durable. I think they look great!

aphaynes August 2nd, 2018 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's not a GMC, but since my daughter isn't helping with my GMC, I at least have her in the shop learning how to work on her own little project. :teehee:

aphaynes August 22nd, 2018 12:34 AM

Well the Y pipe, for lack of knowing a better term, on my single exhaust rusted through on good old Rusty. Good a time as any to convert to dual exhaust I guess. :rowdybeer:

Hopefully video posts correctly...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

src="https://

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

ASGMC September 15th, 2022 07:56 PM

Great information. Thanks

aphaynes November 25th, 2022 10:03 PM

Well, haven't been on here in a bit. I haven't really done much since the exhaust except replace the front and rear glass seals. Been spending most of my car working time, when I actually have some, on my Torino. Can't post that here. :) As for Rusty, he's been dependable. Even if he sits for a while, I get in, fire him up, and hit the road. Looking to go from manual steering to power steering now. Shoulders have been gradually getting worse the last few years so I tend to hurt after driving him a day or two. So, it's time. Now gotta learn what I can put on this truck to achieve that.

So, pics since my last post...he still looks the same.

I actually got paid to park Rusty outside of TopGolf for a tailgating display for some event for their members.

Made a pitstop at a gas station museum here in town.

Getting some firewood cut and hauled last winter.

The 2x4 GMC had to rescue the 4x4 Ford :ahhhh:

and during the pandamic, we made a homemade drive in, threw cushions in the bed for us to chill on, with snacks spread across the tailgate. :)

Good times!

Kndrman April 4th, 2023 06:01 AM

Thanks for the help

aphaynes June 30th, 2023 11:54 PM

All right, something is not registering in my slow brain on this. I have removed the single groove crankshaft pulley with the flange it is attached to. How do I separate the flange from the single groove pulley in order to attach my double groove pulley?

aphaynes June 30th, 2023 11:55 PM

Ugh, guess you can't share photo from Google photos?