6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Exterior, Bodywork, Paint and Glass (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   6066 GMC Trucks With corporate art/lettering added (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48943)

1960HDGMC July 29th, 2015 01:32 PM

6066 GMC Trucks With corporate art/lettering added

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I thought it would be helpful to have a page to post pictures of 6066 GMC trucks after the owners added there corporate artwork. So many of these GMC trucks were put into commercial service. Lets see 'em. I will start the ball rolling with my old truck. It is a 1960 GMC 1002. It was badged in late 1959 and put into service as a delivery/service truck. So many of these GMC trucks were put into commercial service. From huge power company fleets to mom and pops with just one GMC truck. If it has any kind of commercial art, please post it here. Thanks for posting,GM

GMCDAC July 30th, 2015 04:47 AM

Re: 6066 GMC Trucks With corporate art/lettering added

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Greg, I posted this beautiful '66 in the "GMC photos from history" sticky in general discussion last August.

1960HDGMC July 30th, 2015 03:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Doug, This is su-weet. I have a few I found online. Later, GM

GMCDAC July 31st, 2015 03:53 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I do like these kind of threads, but all I have are ones that I had posted a long time back in the GMC's from history thread. I will post here again an original pic of Don Garlits '60 or '61 Burb push truck and the one that he later reproduced. At least he still wanted the right hood on it!

DAC

1960HDGMC July 31st, 2015 08:31 PM

Thanks for posting these Doug. Big Daddy Don Garlits and Shirley Muldowney were my two favorite drag racers growing up. I started following them when I was still in diapers. I bet Smokey Yunick could have made these V-6 GMC truck motors howl, haha. Did the original truck have the badges on the fenders? I see they have the 1962 type badges on the earlier 1960-61 type hood. Just wondering. I am also guessing he had the V-6 GMC, because I do not see the fender badges in the early picture. Big Daddy Don is blocking them from view, if they are on there. Really glad to see these. Thanks again for posting them, GM

Clyde July 31st, 2015 09:49 PM

Don Garlits and I signed for Shirley's first dragster license in 1966 at Lebanon Valley Dragway, Lebanon, NY. In another life I use to design. build and drive top fuel dragsters. I had a 1964 GMC 3/4ton pickup with a light weight 8' camper and an enclosed trailer for the top fuel car. The GMC was a V6 305, 4speed, 10MPG empty or loaded up or down hill. I would hop in the GMC and three days later be on the West Coast, great vehicle.

bigblockv6 July 31st, 2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC (Post 58756)
Thanks for posting these Doug. Big Daddy Don Garlits and Shirley Muldowney were my two favorite drag racers growing up. I started following them when I was still in diapers. I bet Smokey Yunick could have made these V-6 GMC truck motors howl, haha. Did the original truck have the badges on the fenders? I see they have the 1962 type badges on the earlier 1960-61 type hood. Just wondering. I am also guessing he had the V-6 GMC, because I do not see the fender badges in the early picture. Big Daddy Don is blocking them from view, if they are on there. Really glad to see these. Thanks again for posting them, GM

I've seen pictures of the original truck, it did have badges on the fenders. Being the retro truck is a 64-65 style explains why it didn't have fender badges.

1960HDGMC August 1st, 2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde (Post 58758)
Don Garlits and I signed for Shirley's first dragster license in 1966 at Lebanon Valley Dragway, Lebanon, NY. In another life I use to design. build and drive top fuel dragsters. I had a 1964 GMC 3/4ton pickup with a light weight 8' camper and an enclosed trailer for the top fuel car. The GMC was a V6 305, 4speed, 10MPG empty or loaded up or down hill. I would hop in the GMC and three days later be on the West Coast, great vehicle.

Hey Clyde, I gotta ask, how fast have you been? Any prayer you have a picture with the camper shell on the truck? I am kicking around the idea of a topper for my LWB Wideside, for weekend trips. I need something light that two people can tote and mount on the truck. Thanks for posting,GM