6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lazarus Project (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49437)

WDShaffer June 13th, 2016 06:57 PM

Lazarus Project

After a 13 year hiatus, and before I can obtain the garage space for a Corvette, it is time to complete the '61project.

A few pictures of the beginning:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

WDShaffer June 13th, 2016 07:10 PM

Re: Lazarus Project

It really is a 1961 GMC. With one of the POs, it apparently had a serious front end collision. The frame is straight, and the cab is straight again. But as you can see, the front bumper was repaired to match the damaged configuration and now sits a little sideways for the moment. Using the mantra of "parts are parts" the PO replaced the hood and grill with a post-1962 grill (emblem "M" bolt spacing the difference) and a Chevy hood.

TJ's GMC June 13th, 2016 08:03 PM

Subscribed. Bumper looks like the one on my GMC. haha Mine is straight and then has an upward bend at one side...I think the PO tried to pull a stump with the edge of the bumper or something. lol

FetchMeAPepsi June 14th, 2016 09:06 PM

Subscribed here too! Great lookin truck. Shortbed steppers are tough to find!

WDShaffer June 14th, 2016 09:10 PM

The three interior shots so far

The column is out of a ’71 chevy something with tilt. I had to shorten the brace behind the dash that holds it up, but that was actually pretty straight forward.

Seats are out of a Ford Taurus – $45 for the pair, and will be very comfy buckets with a little work and new upholstery. The original was a 2nd row out of a suburban, or so, without any adjustment or rear access.

WDShaffer August 5th, 2016 02:25 PM

:lolsmack2:Project hit a bump in the road: decided to relocate the family across town--all hands on deck for packing ... Now I have to put the dog house back on Lazarus, package up the bits, and hope I can remember what goes where when I get back to it two months from now. :lolsmack2: BTW: this was my bright idea!

FetchMeAPepsi August 5th, 2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDShaffer (Post 63075)
:lolsmack2:Project hit a bump in the road: decided to relocate the family across town--all hands on deck for packing ... Now I have to put the dog house back on Lazarus, package up the bits, and hope I can remember what goes where when I get back to it two months from now. :lolsmack2: BTW: this was my bright idea!

wha??? You just decided to move out of the blue? LOL! Post some pics! What made you wanna move? Did you accidentally get paint on the wall? :lolsmack2:

WDShaffer October 21st, 2016 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Learned something new today from Dave Leifheit--Lazarus was made in Cali:
10 = 1/2 ton - 1000 series
01 = 115" Wheelbase
C = Oakland, California
N = 1960/1961
Ends with an "A" for 6000 GVW class.

This is the new "shop":