6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   West Coast Mini-Meet (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49835)

Ed Snyder July 10th, 2017 02:55 AM

Re: West Coast Mini-Meet

So far it looks like we have commitments to come to the mini-meet on August 6th from me, Rick, and Justin. How about it Rod and TJ -- can you still make it? And Dan, did I interpret your post correctly that you can't make it?

I don't want to wait too much longer to make a hotel reservation. If we can't get enough commitments, we should probably cancel the meet and try again some other time.

Ed Snyder July 11th, 2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 67534)
So far it looks like we have commitments to come to the mini-meet on August 6th from me, Rick, and Justin. How about it Rod and TJ -- can you still make it? And Dan, did I interpret your post correctly that you can't make it?

I don't want to wait too much longer to make a hotel reservation. If we can't get enough commitments, we should probably cancel the meet and try again some other time.

I just found out I need to help my son move from LA to Portland, so I won't be available on the weekend of August 5th and 6th. I went to our schedule and changed it -- http://www.needtomeet.com/meeting?id=eizmjzijV. The rest of you potential attendees should update your availability too. Note that the calendar extends out into October. Hopefully we can reschedule for a later date when more of us don't have other commitments. Maybe RustyNut can come then too.

65barnfind July 27th, 2017 02:22 PM

I'm ok with pushing it out but it will have to be a month or more out.

WE7X July 27th, 2017 05:03 PM

I think I managed to update my availability to add the late August dates.
September will not work for me. All weekends are booked through nearly the end of October, due to major travel plans.

Rod Johnson
Issaquah, WA
1970 GMC RM-7500

TJ's GMC July 28th, 2017 03:14 PM

Late August would work for me at this point.

David R Leifheit July 29th, 2017 04:50 PM

Since I went to work I haven't been on the computer as much, although I admit I had kind of dropped off the computers for a while before that.
Anyway... I am open to a meet. It would be nice to get out and talk truck again. None of mine are in running condition though. It has been too many years and too few dollars. :)

The Powerland site is good for me, I only live about a 1/2 hour from there. That would be the shortest drive I have made in months.

My job keeps me out of the house from about 5:15am to roughly 6:00pm 5 days a week, and all I want to do when I get home is collapse! Guess I'm getting old.... .... ....

David R Leifheit July 29th, 2017 04:55 PM

Medford, Cave Junction, Oregon City, Corvallis, and me in Dallas... If each of us showed up, that would almost be a meet in itself. :)

I'd say we could even meet here, except the yard is so overgrown you'd never know I had 1.4 acres and (down to) about 8 or 9 GMC trucks.

Live in Dallas, work in Eugene, and drive through Corvallis twice a day (to and from work).

Ed Snyder July 30th, 2017 02:52 AM

It's looking like the weekend of August 26/27 will work for most of us. So put that on your calendars and don't schedule anything else for that weekend. We'll need to decide if we want to hold the actual event on Saturday or Sunday so we can make hotel reservations before they book up. Anybody got a preference?

GMCNUT August 6th, 2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 65913)
Being I statred a new job again this year, no time off for me for travelin', I'll be doing my yearly meet this summer some time here in Utah, if it stops Snowin' on us.

Made my first trip to Utah a few weeks ago - went to Deer Valley / Park City for a conference. Beautiful state - very different from Alabama

65GMCKV4000 August 9th, 2017 04:50 AM

Hello everybody. I would like come to your mini-meet. I am up here in SE Washington just west of Walla Walla. We have our truck show in Walla Walla in September (16) but I am free other than that. Look forward to meeting everybody.