6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Factory GMC clock? (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49450)

TJ's GMC June 21st, 2016 04:05 AM

Factory GMC clock?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, I just purchased this clock for real cheap. Can you guys tell if it's factory or aftermarket? Was in a GMC cluster when I bought it. Thanks!

Charon June 21st, 2016 04:11 AM

Re: Factory GMC clock?

1 Attachment(s)
Clock

Ed Snyder June 21st, 2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 62413)
Hi guys, I just purchased this clock for real cheap. Can you guys tell if it's factory or aftermarket? Was in a GMC cluster when I bought it. Thanks!

That's not a correct 60-66 GMC clock, Tom. George Borg made clocks for many, many cars from the 1930s to at least the 1970s. From the internet:

"Borg was formed in 1937 by George W. Borg as a manufacturer of time clocks used in automobiles. During World War II, Borg manufactured timers used by the U.S. military. In 1984 Borg was purchased by Diehl GmbH as their distribution arm in North America. Diehl sold Borg in 1994."

You can get an idea of the wide variety by doing a Google Images search for "geo borg clock".

TJ's GMC June 21st, 2016 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 62419)
That's not a correct 60-66 GMC clock, Tom. George Borg made clocks for many, many cars from the 1930s to at least the 1970s. From the internet:

"Borg was formed in 1937 by George W. Borg as a manufacturer of time clocks used in automobiles. During World War II, Borg manufactured timers used by the U.S. military. In 1984 Borg was purchased by Diehl GmbH as their distribution arm in North America. Diehl sold Borg in 1994."

You can get an idea of the wide variety by doing a Google Images search for "geo borg clock".

Thanks Ed! I had a feeling it wasn't as I have been doing research and none of the pictures were the same as this. Also finding these is a bit of a chore! Still excited to mount it in and see if it works. Thanks!

FetchMeAPepsi June 21st, 2016 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 62420)
Thanks Ed! I had a feeling it wasn't as I have been doing research and none of the pictures were the same as this. Also finding these is a bit of a chore! Still excited to mount it in and see if it works. Thanks!

I'd totally mount that and run it :upyes: Some of these clocks were put on by dealers (used and new) so no one will ever know for sure who installed it. Cool find! Did you show it to the little truck ninja yet?

TJ's GMC June 21st, 2016 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 62422)
I'd totally mount that and run it :upyes: Some of these clocks were put on by dealers (used and new) so no one will ever know for sure who installed it. Cool find! Did you show it to the little truck ninja yet?

I'm excited, planning on putting it in tomorrow after work for sure. Little truck ninja? lol

FetchMeAPepsi June 21st, 2016 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 62424)
I'm excited, planning on putting it in tomorrow after work for sure. Little truck ninja? lol

Your little helper ;)

TJ's GMC June 21st, 2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 62425)
Your little helper ;)

Don't got one. haha Just me here.

FetchMeAPepsi June 21st, 2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 62426)
Don't got one. haha Just me here.

Aww man, I'm sorry. I got my wires crossed. I've been gone too long I think :manvspc:

TJ's GMC June 21st, 2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 62430)
Aww man, I'm sorry. I got my wires crossed. I've been gone too long I think :manvspc:

No problem! I don't even have a girl either. Waiting it out as my trucks take top priority right now. haha