6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47298)

FetchMeAPepsi May 6th, 2014 01:47 AM

Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Too bad you'll lose the generator. That's a cool feature! I like having the extra gas tank though. That's a good idea and you'll be able to drive farter, like to Wichita and a Mini Meet! :bananadance:

6066gmcguy May 16th, 2014 03:25 AM

More info on the tires & Wheels I installed on the front.

Here is the old 20" lock ring wheel coming off,

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Note this is a 5 lug front axle, but the wheels have 10 holes, on the rear axle they use all 10 lugs.

Here is the 22.5" tubeless wheels going on, these wheels came with the 1960 Chevy Viking 60 I bought a while back and stripped to the frame.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

6066gmcguy June 18th, 2014 03:21 AM

Back at the end of May before things went bad for my family, I took the Rescue Squad to a local show at the coffee chop buzzbru.

6066gmcguy June 18th, 2014 03:29 AM

then last weekend I did my own show "Howlin at the Moon"

I even had a car show DJ playing the tunes from his 1960 Ford Braodcase van.

6066gmcguy July 5th, 2014 02:01 PM

Yesterday I showed off the Rescue Squad at the Honeyville 4th of July Parade & Car Show.

I didn't really shot any photos of my truck there, what was I thinking? it was HOT and I guess my brian must have melted.

Anyway here is the Slide Show ~~~>

, Enjoy.

6066gmcguy July 7th, 2014 02:09 AM

Just out taking a few photos today, here the Rescue Squad in front of the old Honeyville School.

And 2 more near the north Welcome to Honeyville sign.

6066gmcguy July 9th, 2014 04:27 AM

I have not posted a night shot for a while so here the latest one.

In this shot some of the lights have quit wroking,their brakers are getting hot and shutting them down, so I'm going to have toi do some rewiring and get those working again.

6066gmcguy July 23rd, 2014 04:15 AM

Last Saturday I took the Rescue Squad out for a drive and some New Photos.

I started out with the Calls Fort Monument Vary near to my home base.

Then I stopped by the Sunmart Travel Plaza in Elwood and roll onto the Cat Scale.

Anyone know how much their truck weights? I do now! 11580 Lbs with driver.

6066gmcguy July 23rd, 2014 04:27 AM

Then it was off to the Box Elder County Fairgrounds main enterance in Tremonton.

6066gmcguy July 23rd, 2014 04:33 AM

Next I drove up to Marble Park in Bothwell.