6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Introduction (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50140)

Jens September 4th, 2017 03:55 PM

Introduction

Hi everyone, new guy from Houston Texas, been a long time lurker on other sites but am new here. Don't own a c10 yet but my goal is to find a service body and use it for my handyman buisness!

I look forward to talking and learn from you all.

Ed Snyder September 4th, 2017 10:55 PM

Re: Introduction

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 67903)
Hi everyone, new guy from Houston Texas, been a long time lurker on other sites but am new here. Don't own a c10 yet but my goal is to find a service body and use it for my handyman buisness!

I look forward to talking and learn from you all.

Welcome to the forum, Jens! I'm sure I speak for the majority here when I say that I hope you're looking for a V6 powered GMC, not a Chevy. C10 is the model number for a half ton Chevy. A half ton GMC from 1960 to 1966 would be a model 1000; a 3/4 ton would be a 1500. Calling a GMC a C10 is a common mistake, so don't feel bad.

You might be interested in a truck like the one I took several photos of many years ago. Lou worked for the regional natural gas company, and was able to buy his company truck upon his retirement. It had always run on propane, so the engine's probably pretty clean inside. It's a rare short wheelbase with big back window. I tried to buy it about 15 years ago, but Lou wasn't selling. He's about 80 now, so may finally be willing to sell.

TJ's GMC September 5th, 2017 04:11 AM

Welcome aboard! Hope you find a project soon!

GTS61 September 11th, 2017 09:03 PM

Welcome! I joined a few years back after buying a 61 stepside 305 V6. If it wasn't for this site I don't know what I'd done. Parts, advice and lots and lots and lots of knowledge!!

Jens September 12th, 2017 02:44 AM

First post and i completely show my rookieness lol.

Ed, you're right I'm looking for a GMC V6 1000 series, A.T. Rockdriller's build over on the chevy site got me hooked on this setup. That one you posted would be a great platform also, heck I just wish I could find something down here in TX.

Thanks for the gentle intro everyone, I'm looking forward to learning.

Ed Snyder September 12th, 2017 08:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 67950)
First post and i completely show my rookieness lol.

Ed, you're right I'm looking for a GMC V6 1000 series, A.T. Rockdriller's build over on the chevy site got me hooked on this setup. That one you posted would be a great platform also, heck I just wish I could find something down here in TX.

Funny you should mention Rockdriller, Jens. Don't know if he's still a member here on our forum, but he posted a few times in late 2013 and early 2014. He bought a truck that was for sale here in Medford back in 2010. Coincidentally, about a year and a half ago I moved to within 100 yards of where that truck sat back then. I took lots of photos of it. Here are a few of them: