6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   West Coast Mini-Meet (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49835)

Ed Snyder April 25th, 2017 07:36 AM

Re: West Coast Mini-Meet

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65barnfind (Post 66872)
That's awesome! How many people show up to these meets? Is I huge deal or like a 5-10 guy event?

We may have had close to 10 at the 5 year and 10 year Jamborees (2005 and 2010) at Jolly's place in Utah. To get 5 to show up at a mini-meet is about all one can expect. I've been to at least half a dozen of them over the last 17 years.

65barnfind April 25th, 2017 01:40 PM

In that case we could meet up almost anywhere. A bar parking lot. They love the attention stuff like that gets them. Plus there's beer! Haha. I know a guy that owns a bar in woodburn that would probably love it. There's also champoeg park that we can have a BBQ. They have pits there. There's lots of parks that love that stuff too. We should put one together in a month or so. Since it's still raining like it's winter.

WE7X April 25th, 2017 05:08 PM

I don't know about others, but I suspect many that might attend are retired.
For me, that means I am often more available on weekdays, because family stuff nearly always happens on weekends. Also, parks are less crowded on weekdays, if that is a venue that might be in consideration.

My weekend dates already committed include June 9-13; 24-25;July 7-10; 15-16; 26-31 ( family wedding ); August 8-13.

Rod Johnson
Issaquah, WA

65barnfind April 25th, 2017 07:01 PM

I'm the opposite. I still got 20 years before I can retire. So for obvious reasons weekends work better for me. I'm sure something can get worked out..

TJ's GMC April 25th, 2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65barnfind (Post 66878)
I'm the opposite. I still got 20 years before I can retire. So for obvious reasons weekends work better for me. I'm sure something can get worked out..

I still have 45 years before I retire. haha Same here for weekends, but if it's planned during the week I can always sweet talk the boss into letting me have a day or two off. :teehee:

WE7X April 25th, 2017 08:01 PM

To all,
OK, been there and done that ( the work routine ); and I fully understand.
I am certainly not limited to a week day meet, but just thought I would toss that out for discussion.
Obviously, there are some "young'uns" among the group. It is good news to see some younger folks interested in the good old stuff.

Rod Johnson
Issaquah WA.

Dano64 June 15th, 2017 07:03 AM

I'd love to do a mini meet. I have used an online tool to help find times that work for lots of people. I could do that if others are interested.

I"m in Corvallis OR and would do anywhere in OR and maybe NorCal and call it an adventure, and bring one or two of my young sons with me!

Ed Snyder June 16th, 2017 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano64 (Post 67361)
I'd love to do a mini meet. I have used an online tool to help find times that work for lots of people. I could do that if others are interested.

I'm in Corvallis OR and would do anywhere in OR and maybe NorCal and call it an adventure, and bring one or two of my young sons with me!

Until Dano's post here, I had just about given up on a West Coast mini-meet this year. Now it sounds like we may have enough interest to make planning a meet worthwhile. I count five "definite maybes" -- Dano, Rod, TJ, 65barnfind, me, and possibly Rusty if he's still willing to fly out. We've had two or three other forum members from northern Oregon over the years too. Don't know if they're still on here or not though.

Since the majority of you are from "up north" I'd like to again propose having it at the Antique Powerland in Brooks, just north of Salem, so nobody has to drive too far. Dano -- can we get you to figure out what weekend works best for everybody? I'm usually pretty flexible.

Dano64 June 16th, 2017 06:07 AM

Ok fellas I'm giving it a shot - the organizer tool. I haven't used this one so let me know if it's wonky or doesn't make sense!

I drafted in some weekend days that I think I can make it. It's listed as all-day but I think we could resolve times later.

Please give it a go and let me know if this works: http://www.needtomeet.com/meeting?id=eizmjzijV

TJ's GMC June 17th, 2017 01:34 PM

I put down for some time in August. June and July seem fairly busy.

Also went through an hour change at work....now we are open Tuesday through Saturday and are closed Sunday and Monday. If it's on the weekend(Saturday and Sunday) I could just schedule the time off.