6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Other Rides and Projects (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   1968 Galaxie 500 Convertible (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48643)

6066gmcguy February 8th, 2015 07:07 AM

1968 Galaxie 500 Convertible

As many of you know I picked up a few new project last summer, well with the temps in the 70s today it was a good day for a drive in a Convertible. {I also took the Rescue Squad for a run today too.}

so I made a pass throu the Ford Dealer's lot.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then past the local Biker Bar, while it was closed.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then out to see one of my Friends Truck, a Diamond Reo Royale cabover.

Cayoterun February 8th, 2015 11:07 PM

Re: 1968 Galaxie 500 Convertible

Jolly: Your '68 brought back some fond memories from back in the mid 80s when my daughters were teenagers. We had built other 60s converts. for them, so I needed a new project. Bought a '68 Ford conv. that had been "rode hard and put up wet", then parked for several years. Had a fairly sound running gear, but rotted top, seat covers. tires and paint. Got it road worthy on the cheap, ask the girls what color paint. Mary Kay PINK, so it got a coat in our shop of Mary Kay rustoleum PINK. Sears seat covers, new top and tires.

As it turned out, the old car had almost a line-up of teenage girls wanting to use it for proms, parades, weddings, or any other excuse to borrow the old flivver. One girl fell for it, and talked her folks in to letting her have it, so I sold it to her at a very "affordable" price. She worked at a mall, had it parked there, an elderly lady pulled in, hit her accelerator instead of the brake. Totaled the Mary Kay PINK car. The gal that owned it cried about it as if it was a new BMW.
I repeat Mary Kay pink, because when the girls talked about it, they always called it with the full name.

Sorry for the ramble, but thanks for the memories, and enjoy yours.

6066gmcguy May 21st, 2016 03:40 AM

6 Attachment(s)
The Galaxie has not been feeling to well for a little while, it started to run bad on morning while going to a show last summer, so I brought it home and parked it, it been sitting here through the winter, so yesterday I towed it to the shop for a look see, and today I drove it back home.

After a little pocking around we found that the Distributor had gone south, so a new one was ordered and installed today.

While it was in the shop we also fixed a few leaks it had, like all six freeze plugs had rusted to the point that coolant was slowing leaking out of them, also the shift shaft seal on the trans needed to be replaced, which requiered the pan to be dropped so we changed the oil an filter too.

The Galaxie 500 drop top should now be ready to roll through the summer.

bobdylan May 21st, 2016 01:25 PM

Looks like some good summer fun. Back seat even looks big enough for date night, In the context of marriage of course.

6066gmcguy May 26th, 2016 12:55 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Car Show Season in under way in Utah, took the Galaxie 500 to a show last night after work, the May Cruise Night - Frozen Udder, Firehouse Pizza, Superior Computers, Security Finance.

6066gmcguy June 7th, 2016 04:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This past weekend was a long test run for the Galaxie, I started out by taking it to a show in Hyrum UT, Hot Wheel & Hot Dogs. This was the short run of the weekend.

6066gmcguy June 7th, 2016 04:48 AM

10 Attachment(s)
After the Hyrum show, it was off to Weston Idaho for the Mugs & Banana Drag Night Burn outs.

I did get a few photos on the way as it had more time than I needed to get there.

The Galaxie of course in not a Burn Out Queen, so it sat of the sidelines watchin".

6066gmcguy June 7th, 2016 04:55 AM

10 Attachment(s)
After the Burn Outs in Weston it was a cruise to Preston Idaho to Cruise main street.

I did see one 6066 GMC out this weekend, but its not Big Block V6 Powered.

How about making a 4 door into a 2 door?

6066gmcguy June 19th, 2016 02:56 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Yesterday marked the longest Road Trip I have taken in the Galaxie while under my care.

I took it to the Woodruff Classic Car Show in Woodruff Utah. I headed over in the morning by way of Logan/Bear Lake, a trip of about 108 miles.

After the show, came back home by way of Evanston so I could visit my Dad's Grave with his car, that was a trip of about 129 miles to get home.

Here are a few photos from the trip, Enjoy.

1. Taking on fuel in Logan, I'm headed to Woodruff & the Impala is headed to Soda Springs.
2. Beaver Creek Lodge in Logan Canyon
3. Bear Lake Overlook
4. Old service station in Laketown Utah
5. old LDS church in Randolph Utah
6. Utah-Wyoming Border
7. Evanston Wyoming Cemetery
8. Evanston Wyoming Cemetery
9. Old Railroad Water Tank at Wahsatch Utah
10. USU Brigham City Campus.

6066gmcguy June 19th, 2016 03:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Also along the way home is the old town of Echo Utah, every thing is now closed, but this would have been a thriving Railroad town along the old Lincoln Highway.