6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My '63 "restoration" (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48945)

Ancientx July 30th, 2015 08:35 PM

My '63 "restoration"

I'm not actually doin much. The engine has a spun crank bearing so it's being replaced. (Motor parts for sale soon.) A busted shock mount needs replaced in the back.
Mainly what's happening is a lot of cleanup of surface rust and repainting.

Hopefully I can post pics.... I'm not too tech savvy. :thumbsup:

Ancientx July 30th, 2015 09:22 PM

Re: My '63 "restoration"

Seems my laptop, or operator error, won't upload to Google Pics. *sigh*

I'll have to figure this out later. grr

TJ's GMC July 31st, 2015 03:55 PM

What engine was in there that spun a bearing?

Ancientx July 31st, 2015 04:02 PM

A 305E. I picked up a low miles 305A and will be swapping over the intake/carb. But the rest of the original motor I'll be parting out.

MrCos August 1st, 2015 02:15 PM

by any chance does it have a double pulley? and if so will you be keeping it?
M

Ancientx August 1st, 2015 08:05 PM

Are you talking about the crank pulley? If so, I don't believe either motor has one. Sorry.

Ancientx August 1st, 2015 10:53 PM

I need to search my computer for a pic of "Happy Truck" before I pulled the front clip. I did this for two reasons: 1st, I figured if I was goin to do this "right" it would be far easier to get to everything this way. 2nd, I really didn't want something going wrong when pulling the motor. I.e: smashing the radiator support/front grill area.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Ancientx August 1st, 2015 10:54 PM

Holy cr@p. That's a way larger pic than I thought it'd be. LOL. Now to figure out how to resize my images. LOL

Ancientx August 1st, 2015 11:01 PM

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Ancientx August 1st, 2015 11:09 PM

Here's pre/post pressure washing pics of the front suspension.

And after: