View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2013, 01:10 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mechanic Recommendation in WA???

Andrew,

I was raised by a single parent (mom) never had an interest in anything auto/mechanical until January 2000 when I got my first GMC; everything since then I've learned. I'm currently re-wiring my truck after an 11 year process. Had it in the paint booth when Katrina hit.

Here is my suggestion; join a local club or several for that matter, get to know the guys/gals -(there yes many gals in this hobby) and you'll be surprised that as you ask questions you will probably meet a member or two who has done exactly what you need help with.

When I'm stumped (as I have ben with wiring) I reach out to fellow BB members and club members. Example; I asked a local club member who wired his car to give me some pointers, NOT to do the work, but just be on hand to talk/BS while I did the work. 99% of the time they will end up helping you.

And as you get more into the hobby/passion/addition and have several items/techniques under YOUR belt you in turn will probably end up helping others.

A case in point: I can't paint a car BUT I can offer to sandblast parts for another member - remember ALL of us started just where you are for the most part. This hobby yfor the most part is one GIGANIC swap shop - whether it be parts/tool/ideas or labor. Think about why we are on this very BB - you asked a question.

To quote Spock..... "There is a first time for all things"

Jake

Last edited by jbgroby; August 18th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.