View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: gmc frame rail number

This is one place I know a little about! GMC didnt paint or mash the vins on the frames at ALL for our trucks. I think they started in 1972, but I dont know for sure on that one.

There wasnt a law to tell them to do it anyway until 1987 and that really didnt apply to trucks anyway only high theft cars. (chew on that for a while!) So if you really need it stamped on the frame you can do what some other people have done and just stamp it on there yourself! Or have someone stamp it for you at a garage. It probably has to look official so dont have your borther-in-law do it with a torch or something.

Heres a fun fact, Alabama was FORCED to title trucks made before 1975 without framestamps or risk losing its federal highway funding.

Good luck! I dont know how de nederlands are with the VIN places but maybe you can get a old timer to look at it that will understand and get you certified.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.