View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
I'll look at the inside but I think its just as hard inside as it is out. More like hard plastic than any kind of rubber.

that's a good warning. i didnt think about it cracking the glass.

i put some sealant in the ol cart for my next order. If its a small crack or something I can fill it with that for now and move up to a replacement when the time comes. How did you get that hard 55 gasket removed? Hammer and chisel?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

LOL---I'm afraid the rock hard gasket is still in the truck! It had 2 gaps like David described that I filled with the black Permatex. So far I haven't needed to use the flowable stuff on it. My door gaskets are where the weather gets in the '55, along with a couple rust holes---. This gasket will stay in until I get more serious about bodywork on it.

Now how cool is that present from Barry? Not only great looking parts but Y'all are having fun with them too! They will be great on your GMC!

May I ask where "Edmond" is?

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday