View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2014, 06:26 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

I have been looking for some tires to install on 22.5" wheels, to replace the 20" lock ring wheels, I have a set of 7 tubeless 22.5" wheels, That came with the 1960 LCF I bought a while back, I'll be installing when I get time.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Three of the wheels are not on the chassis, and two of those are bad. So I started doing some tire research.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Old tires removed.

Tire on the Rescue Squad.

From what I have seen the shortest tire you can get is 255/70R22.5 which is about the same hight as the 20"s on there now. These can be pricy tires. I found one for $100, for my research, and then resold it for $100.

Next I found 2 motorhome tires for $200, they are a Michelin 235/80R22.5 this is a Michelin only tire size from what I have found out, and these tires go for over $500 each new.

I installed the new Used tires, as they have 17/32 tread, they are as close to new as you can get and still be used.

I just need to get time to install them on the Rescue Squad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.