View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2014, 11:56 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Looks like they fit to me!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Tiny Knuckle bearings looked good too

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I also threw the spring, knobs, and workings of the hub locking mechanism in the cleaner. They still had some grit on them from the dirt run earlier. They came out shiny and new.

That's when I discovered I had more takin apart to do!

This fat gear thing had a clip on it on the back. I used my brand spankin new spring pliers out and plucked it off.

Then this piece fell out the front. The clip was just holding it in by the butt.

With the grease off the gear thing this sleeve came off too.

I then found this little snap ring inside the back of it. I took it out, but it didn't release the bushing looking thing inside. I'm not sure it does. I tried banging the bushing and it's housing out but it's not steel. It damages easily so after getting a scratch on it I gave up and just diesel cleaned the heck out of it.

I rubbed all the parts with dry towels to get the diesel off after cleaning.

Then I smeared some "peanut butter" Archoil grease on the sleeve area and the little bit that the snap ring had kept inside.

I smooshed the sleeve back on.

Then I greased up and slipped the little gear thing back in the front and put the clip on his butt.

And that was it! I didn't clean the main housing yet because I'm letting it soak. It had some really nasty stuff on it. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Here's a random picture of a foot that was on my camera. I don't know why, but I know how you guys like pics so here's a grin

Lessons Learned:
  • Diesel is a great grease cleaner. It doesn't fume like gasoline so if the wind is blowing you can work with it and not start yammering to buddah or seeing pink elephants.
  • But it WILL give you a headache after an hour and a half.
  • Buying parts after 1am will make you stupid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; June 5th, 2014 at 12:01 AM.