View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 12:36 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Trust me I know all about the your handy stuff. Build this and do that. I have 6 brother in laws that can barely change a spark plug. I also know about fence holes. But I long ago gave up digging those by hand. Small diameter holes up to 8 inches with the gas powered auger in the garage and holes up to 36 inch diameter with the bobcat at the shop. A 500.00 dollar bit is cheap compared to two days of sore back work.
I've been considering it. I wonder if I could put one together like my wood splitter? I'll have to give that more thought.

While we're off topic have any of you guys tried these type of screws? I told you I have to build a fence this summer. Well I bought these screws to fiddle with and test out before I get started.

They're made by

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

and they're cut with pilot drilling points and special twists at the top that drill a counter sink too.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

That's all cool enough having one step hole drilling, but the catch is this topper they have built in them. Instead of philips or flathead tops they have a star like this

I've been using these for a couple few weeks now and I'm throwing away all my old philips deck screws. These GRK suckers don't strip out at all. They also back out when you need them to, even if you drilled them 1/2 inch into some board (like my fence bar LOL). I've stripped out probably 20 screws in the last 4 years trying to hold that bar in place. Every time I remove it I strip a screw.
Now, easy peasy.

And no, I dont work for them. LOL! Now for our regularly scheduled program....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.