View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:14 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

The greased up hub gear thingy slipped in alot easier than it came out.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

When I got to the new rubber seal I did have to gently tap it with my rubber hammer. Nothing serious at all. I didn't want to break my new rubber-bands even if I did have 10 of them now It went in pretty easy.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then that little flat spring shaped keeper goes on the end. I tried to put it back in like you would do a washer, one side then the other side, but it didn't fit. It turned out its easier to put it in like a spring. Just thread the point in, then work your way around, pressing it into the slot around and around till you get to the end.

Then...

I greased it up

Now I got my brand new tool for these keepers (that I forget what they're called now) and loaded the keeper on it. Then I slipped it on the spindle. It fit like a greased glove.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.