View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2014, 05:11 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

You see in this pic that the bottom slot where the bearing sits is stepped? Like, there's the main hole, then a smaller step inward? Yeah...I notice that and my wheels started turning. I wonder if GMC allowed for just this type of problem to happen?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I got my booger picker (metal pick) out and dug around the top and what do you know, it looks like there's a sleeve pressed in a hole there to hold the bearing! That means that if this comes out I can just replace this and BOOM baby! We're back in business!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thank you GMC!

I stuck my crowbar in it. It just fit enough to get a hold of the bottom of that lip inside. I pried.

And pried, and turned, and pried. The little insert started peeking over the top of the hole it was in. Woohoo!

Finally the little booger popped right out!

YAY!!!!

I tossed that piece of junk. Then I put my small hammer in the hole for the bottom insert.
It fit perfectly, so I banged on it with my sledge. It flew across the driveway

I ran down to OReiley's and gave the guy $30.00 of hard earned cash. He was so happy to get my donation he gave me these.

I greased up the sleeve thingy with my Archoil super-grease.

Then I hammered it home with short little taps. Tada!

I'll be putting it all back together tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any more surprises. I gotta get some honey-dos done this week or The Blonde's gonna jerk a knot in my tail!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.