View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2014, 05:41 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

So working on the bumper I was able to get my hands on. I forgot to take a before, but here it is in progress.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So now I have a couple of questions.

1) after getting the rust and paint off, I am now trying to determine the best way to remove two "bumps" in the bumper. Here is one of them...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I do not have auto body hammers and dollies, just a 3 lb hammer. With this heavy steel can I make that work without screwing it up?

2) with the paint and rust gone I am left with some pitting. Do I just keep sanding away at it or use a combo of priming and sanding to fill it in, or put a thin coat of filler across it and sand before priming?

I am going with the white bumpers, not the chrome; if it matters.

Thanks!