View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Hi Foley and Fetch, showing how cheap (or broke) I am too, when I bought the "Primewell" tires for my '55 GMC I decided to risk not balancing because it's just under 70 bucks for 4 around here. I was pleasantly suprised that at 65 mph it drives very straight and smooth, no shake or vibration at all! Actually got it to 70 for awhile still great but I stay 65 or below as the r's were getting a little high.

I would remove the old weights though Fetch, see one in a pic you posted.

DAC
I didn't see the weight thing until just now DAC, but I can report that the wheels are turnin just purrrrrfect as they are now. I guess the weight was for the wheel being off somehow and it's still doing something to keep it good? Anyway, she's turnin and burnin!

Thanks! It brings all the diesels to the yard

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
How are you and your little helpers doing Fetch? My comment on the bumper is if some one rears ya it will only scratch it a little but they are not going to be driving away from it...Vernski

We're all doing great! The Little Blonde jumped off her bed (monkeys?) and cracked herself dead center on a nightstand corner that was pretty bad. It looked like someone had hit her with a hatchet right in the forehead. We had to watch her pretty close for three days but she healed right up and is now just as crazy as before. Probably have to watch that one.

Powder Puff and The Boy are doing great. The Boy just joined Cub Scouts so we've been busy with a bunch of that stuff. Went to the local historical museum and the danged "tour guide" didn't even know what anything was that wasn't written on the plaque. We kinda did our own tour afterward so he could learn what I knew about some of the old stuff. Disappointing for me, but he loved every minute of it. Funny how that kinda stuff works out.

The Redhead is in her senior year and heading off to college soon. Scary stuff. I told her I'd let her handle her grades and watching her time management this year till she messed up. She had a little stumble this week due to a friend's b-day party but she's cleaned it up. I worry she'll lose her mind when she goes to a dorm and never make it to med school. No scholarships or anything fancy either plus we don't do debt so no loans either. It's going to be a tough one, but if she sticks with it she'll do fine. She's got the brain, it's just that her clutch slips every couple of months or so.

Well that got more detailed that I planned. Back on trucks,

I bought a Hi Lift jack like I said:

I got the Extreme version this time. the first time I ordered the 48 inch regular version and UPS lost it. So I ordered the Extreme version in 60 inch the next time and it works great for pulling fence posts along with having more lift room. You'd think 60 inches is way too long to be wieldy but it's just a normal sized farm jack at that height. Not weird at all.
the 48 would have probably been too little I think.

So I jacked up Cecilia with it and used the HiLift brand offroad base too for stability. It's crap piece of plastic with a very shallow hole to put the jack in.
Big mistake.

I got her in the air and BAM! The whole thing fell down. Could have busted my leg had I been in the way. I returned the base and ordered one of these bases from Bogart Group

Much more stable. They have videos of an older guy just pushing and pulling all over that jack and it doesn't fall. Good stuff.

Anyway, my new wheels and tires are on. Tire size is about the same, but they look a whole lot better.

Pics coming. I think my little hatchet head deleted them from my phone. She's not here right now so she's getting blamed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; October 23rd, 2014 at 08:51 PM.