Thread: 351E gaskets
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2014, 02:02 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1000 series fenderside
sclor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 351E gaskets

Bryan:
I got lucky when I put my 351E together during the summer and found intake and exhaust gaskets on E bay. The Fel Pro numbers you are searching for are 90065 and 90066 for a magnum engine like the 351E. Other than those two and the base gasket for the carburetor, the rest of a 305 gasket set will work in your 351E. Rock Auto shows a full 305 gasket set at $71, via part number FEL-PRO Part # FS7961SB1 . Some folks mount the exhaust manifolds without gaskets and just use a sealant, so that can be a solution there. What it comes down to is the intake gasket. I traced my 90065 gaskets on cardboard before I installed them so that I could make a template should I ever need a replacement. Let me know if that would be helpful to you. Another method that a friend showed me a long time ago is to put gasket paper against the manifold and tap around all of the openings with a small ball peen hammer to transfer the outline to the paper so that you can cut it out. So, it is not hopeless. Just a bit of a challenge. Hope something in here is helpful to you.
Regards,
Steve
New Orleans