View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2016, 02:09 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Serial # / Vin tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz009 View Post
A few $ to an investigator ( after I showed him good intent) got the vehical history of registered owners... From that Google is your friend... They Are listed in the white pages... From that I got an address... From that Google maps got a sat image.. With the truck or what I think is the truck in the back yard... No laws broken.. No strings pulled...
Yes, but most cannot afford an investigator.
DMV though can still refuse to release information.
This is why I no longer handle "lost title" type situations.
The last time I had to handle one, they did give me the name, and that is all they could give me. Doing a Google search wasn't an option, thankfully the guy was one of the first in the phone book (of a list of people with the same name).

You... got... lucky.

I can't even get a history of my own vehicle without paying more than it is worth up front, and they cannot guarantee a complete history (and I bought it off the original owner's widow... what I wanted was a plate history since it had newer plates on it).
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500