Thread: 305e
View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:40 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 305e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64mark View Post
I just purchased a 64 GMC with a V6-305E motor that needs to be rebuilt. Would it be better to rebuild this engine or replace it with a modern motor & trans.

Better is relative. You wanna have a cool truck that you can say "I have a 305 V6" and people cross their eyes and say What? so many times you wanna bump them to make sure they're not a broken record? You want a truck that can pull so hard it'll change the earth's rotation if it can get traction? Then yeah, you keep that big block GMC.

You wanna look like a chivvy truck and ruin one of only a few remaining GMC original powertrains left on the planet so your buddies can say "Hey man, I'm just like you!" Cookie Cutters Rule!" then pull it all out and go with the 350 sbc.

It's your truck, your choice. But you should figure out why it needs rebuilt and more importantly IF it really does. Some parts are easy to find. Others are harder, but these old motors are TOUGH. They'll run forever as long as you keep oil in them. And they're very hard to kill.

Whatever you choose, good luck. These are great old trucks. You're going to love it How about some pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; June 23rd, 2016 at 07:45 PM.