View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2016, 03:20 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice
Default Re: Proper sized exhaust

Jake, here is a short video of my exhaust system. It's not very loud inside or out either (at least not to me). I wanted something rumbly but not droning . It has a nice burble to it; I think. Dual 2 1/4" head pipes to 2 1/2" with an X-Pipe/Hooker Aero-Chamber mufflers and routed all they way to the back bumper with some chrome tips. I was revving it up to about 2200 rpm's.

The exhaust guy did a pretty good job of keeping it tucked up and you can see how he turned the mufflers sideways to fit in the gap just ahead of the rear axle. The torsion bars are turned down a little and I have 2" drop blocks in back.

I have the Holley 500 as well. The loudest sound inside is the Carter electric fuel pump mounted underneath by the Fuel filter.
I shot this with a Sony HDR MV1 so it has two microphones in an XY pattern; I use it mostly for band videos and rehearsals.