View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2016, 03:56 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Reclaiming my GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
GMC NUT,
WOW, Thank you and everyone for such an overwhelming reception and willingness to help. I really appreciate your insight and direction. Given my abilities It would be best to purchase a truck that is close to complete. I just don't see me being able to build a truck from components. Who knows though I will continue looking and with further help we can make it happen.

I did find a custom long bed(craigs list) no rust in body one dent out in the Pacific N.W. Original paint. It is in running condition but needs restoring, interior original but mostly gone. Having a ball looking!

Thanks Again,

Fritz

Don't fret, Fritz! I used to think the same thing but working on these old trucks isn't like working on a "real car". It's more like working on an oversized go-cart that you can slide under when you need to without having an absurdly tall jack.

Also, there's no shame in a longbed! Some people love long wides, me I'm a sucker for a long-stepper. Short beds were too rough a ride for me and my iffy back. But if shortbeds are your thing just keep your options open. You'll find one or you'll find something you can make into one with GMCNut's guidance. He's a mountain of info and experience

Of course this all should wait until you dig out of the snow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.