View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:00 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pull and save deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
Hijack away. Really I want to start a discussion about scrounging parts. This stuff is getting shredded and shipped. I grab all I can. Plus the GMC stuff will never probably be reproduced. Do I need 5 60-61 GMC hoods. Nope. Actually I really don't need much of it. But someday some kid rebuilding his great grandads GMC may need one. And I will give to him. Just like a long gone gent did with me 30 years ago. I needed a 37 Chevy truck hood emblem. Had no money. He gave me a whole hood. I still have that hood. Minus one emblem. It hangs on a wall. I still thank him on occasion. Barry

I'm sorry, I'm a little ADHD at times, a man gave me a part for my motorcycle for free at one point, all he asked was that i share my knowledge with the community freely. I always planned to repay him, but he was hit and killed in a turn lane by some old lady who couldn't hardly see the road and was going way to fast over the speed limit. Since then I've realized it's not always about money, but sometimes just helping someone else out.

I'll see what I find, I'm a horrible pack rat anyways, but i just moved and I'm getting a new shed, so i'm sure i can try and accumulate some smaller things as needed.
GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.