View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2017, 01:14 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: '65 Dash Cluster Wiring Terminals

On the Digi-Key site, hit the pdf. file to the left. That is the dimensioned drawing. The DigiKey terminal is tinned so you can crimp and solder if you wanted to. I think you will of course, have to cut off the tab in the front. The tab may be for the tape and reel. Not sure what it is?

Commentary for posterity, not aimed at you:
Most of the industry calls the fork style a spade. Most of the industry calls the flat, solid style a blade. In our trucks, there is NO place, anywhere, anytime that the spade/fork should be used. It is not safe, it can come loose and fall out and short out. It is strictly prohibited in the Military and Aerospace industry. It has no business being in any electrical or electronic system except the old hard wired telephones, a Mickey Mouse auto speaker install or other low, or no, voltage applications. Ring tongue only, except where a component has an integral male mate "built-in" for blade or bullet. I.E. blade: fuse panels, cigarette lighter, wiper motors, gauges and such. I.E. bullet: Your gauge cluster, cigarette lighters, gauges.
Blade and bullet are also called quick disconnect and sometimes used "inline" where required. Don't know any truck application for that......but never use fork/open ended/spade or any other name for them. There will never be a reason to use fork over other types. I don't know of any place on our old trucks that have a screw that can't be removed. Electricians sometimes have to use crimp fork because the device screw won't come off. If it will, they use crimp ring tongue when dealing with stranded wire. End.

Glad you found the PN for the small quantity. Sounds like you are all set now.

Last edited by AZKen; May 8th, 2017 at 01:26 AM.