View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2015, 06:46 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finding out my truck's history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
Wish I could help, TJ, I have a "thing" about knowing the history about my GMC's but it is pretty easy on 2 of them as Mom bought one of them in 1971 and another my wife and I bought in Jan. 1979. My oldest one I've only had since 2009 but about all I can do is let it wear it's history as I know nothing about it except a woman last owned it in 1997, varifying some of the stuff I found in it when cleaning it out.

I've checked out a couple of your videos. Very cool!

DAC
Thanks GMCDAC. Yeah, Every time I look at it I can't help but wonder. lol Its just funny because pretty much ALL Oregon trucks have rot because of the amount of rain we get....but there's No spot of cancer to be found on this which makes me wonder if it spent most of its life in CA...but the plates on it suggest otherwise. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagarra View Post
My vin number is that many characters long. I believe that the 15 character vin came into use after our vehicles were made. Probably the DNV computer is set up for the new stuff and not anything this old. You probably have to go to the DMV office to find out more information.
I've been debating on going there to see. Just thought it may seem weird to them. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.