View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2016, 04:24 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMC for sale on Hemmings - Weatherstripping question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
"Had" the 62 is long gone My father basically had the GMC dealer sell it for him back in Dec 1967. The deal was they were hard pressed on selling him a new truck, the half ton was just too light duty for his needs and he was breaking it constantly except for the 305D V6. He told the dealer I'll buy a new truck if you sell my old one, three months later on March 1st 1968 he took delivery of the 68 KM-2500 Your 55 2nd design tailgate was used right up to 1963 then the logo was changed in 1964 to the same script used on 1959-66 Wideside tailgates
I assumed the '62 was probably gone but worded that improperly. Thank-you for that info! The tailgate on the right in my pics is planned to someday replace the tailgate currently on my '55 on the left, never got around to it yet.

Looks like a successful hunting trip in your pic? One of those men must be your Dad. I would think that the guy closest to the tailgate as the man by the cab looks like Buddy Holly. Oh yeah Buddy was long gone by the time this pic was taken unfortunately!

I would LOVE to have that back bumper on your Dad's '62 also!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday