View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2016, 07:54 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Replacement Turn Signal Switch for GMC's?

Don't worry about wire colors. Hook up the correct functional wires together. Also some switches have 6 wires, some have 7. The seventh is for emergency flashers. Make sure that you don't have that included in your wiring. I am SURE that you are very close to getting it fixed as you have it now. I would not abandon what you have done until you check and double check the hookup. I would NOT assume the new switch is defective. Your problem (if all bulbs are good) is probably a mix up of wiring due to the colors. You need to absolutely write down each color of wire for each unit and what it does. Then check your wiring carefully. Take it slow on a good, peaceful, quiet day. Let me know. Both rear tails can only flash if they are wired wrong. Your rear left must somehow be hooked to the right. Let me know if your flasher has two or three blades. Until you have convinced yourself that you have done something wrong you will not find it. Forget thinking faulty parts until you are exhausted and 100% sure. I say this as your friend and personal motivator.

Last edited by AZKen; January 10th, 2016 at 08:09 PM.