View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2023, 03:12 PM

Truck: 1961 K1001 Suburban
Ledslinger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possibly one of the rarer 1960-62 GMC K1000 original parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
My original 1960 K1001 did not have. Also, actual rivnuts were not used back then. Weld nuts and cage nuts were or just screws. No small rivets would have been used. I don't think. Until you see another, I suggest it's a previous users addition for running in mud or water. You should be able to tell by the quality, shape and fit of the splash pan if it is built like 1960-1962 automotive factory sheet metal parts.
Give us a peek or two.
My truck was purchased new for a university geology field camp, and I'm the second owner. I've seen no evidence for any modifications other than a spare tire mount. I've seen pictures and a thread of belly pans on 2WD early 1960s GMC on 67-72 Chevy truck forum. So belly pans appear to have come from the factory on 1960-62 GMC. My belly pan is for the K1000 chassis and is different from the 2WD pans. It looks completely factory and not do it yourself add on.

I must diagree that rivnuts were used on during manufacturing of my 1962 GMC. A quick search indicates rivnuts came out in the 1930s.

I'm in the process of transferring to a new phone so a picture isn't possible right now.

Last edited by Ledslinger; August 23rd, 2023 at 05:15 PM.