View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cooling system capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by drembo View Post
the heater core always has coolant running through it. With the basic heater like I have, I can adjust how far the vent is open and adjust the fan speed, but not the amount of coolant flowing in the core, pretty high tech.
See, I would have answered you the same way. None of my fleet has the basic heater. Most have the deluxe, one or two came without heater.

Yes, that was an option too, one of my trucks has the delete plates covering the deluxe holes, and had holes cut through those for the aftermarket that was installed (not the location for the basic heater) plus there are no ducts for the defrost, so it never had those either.
*That* was a cold truck to drive in the winter, had to have the wing windows all the way open to get airflow across the windshield so it would stay clear and not fog up! Had to drive bundled up...
But, when you love your truck...

The deluxe heater does have a valve for water flow...
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500