View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:53 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Radiator overflow tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccollector View Post
With ANY and ALL GMC specific parts there is a GM part number that can be traced to such part, Steve and Pete . Nothing shows up in a Chevrolet parts book , nothing in GMC accessory books from 1960-1966 . The can shown was used 1937-1948 , after that all Ive seen is aftermarket parts which GMC most likely offered in this situation or added by a service station after the truck sold new.
Not sure how to locate the part number for these Jon - I have a huge master parts catalog for GMC through the 60's so I'll see if I can find it. GMC took the time to change the label design for the overflow tanks used on factory AC trucks so I feel like there is a GMC part number in a master parts book but unless it was offered as a stand alone accessory option (which it obviously wasn't) it would not show in the accessory guides, and it would not show in any Chevrolet books unless used on them, and to my knowledge they were not added to any Chevy trucks after 1955. So this is probably a GMC-only item, and with exception of Petes' unusual example they were on all assembly-line installed AC trucks regardless of 305 vs 351. I have found them on both and have collected three tanks off factory AC GMC trucks so far so we can find a part number I feel like - need to see what the master parts book shows us

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)